Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prince Fielder weighs 341 lbs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
ok perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration but he is ridiculously fat. I hadn't seen much of Fielder since he left the National League but I just watched some lowlights of his recent play and he looks like he ate Tony Gwynn! Wouldn't he be a better fielder if he didn't have one hand on a Twinkie at all times?

All joking aside, despite the fact he puts up pretty good numbers wouldn't he be that much better if he wasn't morbidly obese? I remember thinking he needed to lose weight a few years ago but he looks like he put on some serious weight since the move to the AL.
The Tigers cannot be happy about this situation. Don't they have a right, or an obligation, to demand he drop 50-60 lbs?

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
ok perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration but he is ridiculously fat. I hadn't seen much of Fielder since he left the National League but I just watched some lowlights of his recent play and he looks like he ate Tony Gwynn! Wouldn't he be a better fielder if he didn't have one hand on a Twinkie at all times?

All joking aside, despite the fact he puts up pretty good numbers wouldn't he be that much better if he wasn't morbidly obese? I remember thinking he needed to lose weight a few years ago but he looks like he put on some serious weight since the move to the AL.
The Tigers cannot be happy about this situation. Don't they have a right, or an obligation, to demand he drop 50-60 lbs?

Well he steals nachos from fans, not sure about the Twinkies though.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
They could try. The Giants have been trying to get Pablo Sandoval to lose some weight for years, without much success.

Of course, as everyone frets about how fat he's getting, he goes off and wins the World Series MVP.

Guys like this will not have very long careers. Their bodies won't age well if they stay heavy.

Pablo in 2008:
sandoval-2008-ap.jpg

Pablo in 2013:
sandoval-2013-usa.jpg

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Fielder may be big, but he's extremely durable.
he's missed one game in the last five years, and has never missed more than five games in a season during his eight years.
He's the new iron man.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008

I just don't have the time to watch a ton of random games during the season, so the playoffs generally are the time where I see players for the first time all year. And I was shocked at how big Fielder was when I saw him the other night. He definitely appears to have packed on a lot more weight than he was carrying 2-3 years ago. I even said out loud, "My God, he's FAT. He's not just BIG -- he's FAT."

Carrying weight like that will eventually catch up with him if he doesn't ever lose it. Maybe not now... maybe not in five years. But he'll pay for it eventually. You just don't see many 350 lb. 70-year olds walking around.

I suppose that the Tigers could ask him to lose weight but I've never heard of weight provisions in major league baseball contracts. That's not to say there aren't any, but I don't think I've ever heard of it.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Fielder's an established star who's under contract for a long time. I don't know what possible leverage the Tigers could have on him.

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
They could try. The Giants have been trying to get Pablo Sandoval to lose some weight for years, without much success.

Of course, as everyone frets about how fat he's getting, he goes off and wins the World Series MVP.

Guys like this will not have very long careers. Their bodies won't age well if they stay heavy.

Pablo in 2008:
sandoval-2008-ap.jpg

Pablo in 2013:
sandoval-2013-usa.jpg

Look at his thigh! That thing is massive.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I suppose that the Tigers could ask him to lose weight but I've never heard of weight provisions in major league baseball contracts. That's not to say there aren't any, but I don't think I've ever heard of it.
Many contracts of husky baseball players have weight clauses in them.
Delmon Young, for instance, had six different weight clauses (and money bonuses) for weighing certain numbers.
Phillies include weight clauses in Delmon Young's contract

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
They can and do have stipulations for it. I don't know the fielder situation but you would think with a heavy contract they'd have some sort of weight clause . Leaning out will make him faster and more athletic.. And every pound lost is 4 lbs pressure off the knees. He keeps it up we may see him blow a knee when he "runs" to first

Sent from my iPhone

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Fielder may be big, but he's extremely durable.
he's missed one game in the last five years, and has never missed more than five games in a season during his eight years.
He's the new iron man.

The only problem with this statement is that the weight you see on the scale is not iron....

Members online

Latest posts