Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here are your Gold Glove winners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
American League

C:Salvador Perez
1B:Eric Hosmer
2B:Dustin Pedroia
SS:J.J Hardy
3B:Manny Machado
LF:Alex Gordon
CF:Adam Jones
RF:Shane Victorino
P: R.A Dickey

National League

C:Yadier Molina
1B:Paul Goldschmidt
2B:Brandon Phillips
SS:Andrelton Simmons
3B:Nolan Arenado
LF:Carlos Gonzalez
CF:Carlos Gomez
RF:Gerardo Parra
P:Adam Wainwright

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
2 winners this year were once traded for each other. Kind of cool.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
No one deserved it more than Machado. Not sure how Adam Jones won though. Glad Hardy picked up another. Hard to argue with Salvador Perez but Wieters was just as deserving.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I am kinda upset Uribe and Grienke did not win. Both were outstanding this year and Arenado had 11 errors this season while Uribe had 5.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I think Cano should have got this one. I think his smooth effortless style makes tough plays look simple. Pedroia is deserving too his style is the opposite of Cano.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I'm surprised that Arenado won it, but I think it's also because he makes a lot of plays that Uribe can not make. His defensive WAR must have been higher.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I am kinda upset Uribe and Grienke did not win. Both were outstanding this year and Arenado had 11 errors this season while Uribe had 5.
I think Uribe had considerably fewer games/innings at 3rd. That may account for the fewer errors and fewer votes... just guessing... have not looked up exact stats...

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
The two played an equal amour of games. I just don't get how you give it to a guy with more than double the amount of errors of uribe.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Arenado was in shape to make plays. He also played more then Uribe. Maybe if Uribe lost some weight he could play more.

It's not about errors, it's about defensive WAR. Arenado had the 4th highest defensive WAR out of all NL players.

Defensive WAR s c a p y
1. Simmons (ATL) 5.4
2. Gomez (MIL) 4.6
3. Parra (ARI) 4.0
4. Arenado (COL) 3.6

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
The two played an equal amour of games. I just don't get how you give it to a guy with more than double the amount of errors of uribe.

Here's how -- the guy who had double the errors also played 210 more innings and 114 more chances than Uribe. That same guy makes plays that no other third baseman in the league can make. Arenado was insanely good this year. There's far more to evaluating a player's defensive contribution and Gold Glove credentials than number of errors.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I think Cano should have got this one. I think his smooth effortless style makes tough plays look simple. Pedroia is deserving too his style is the opposite of Cano.
Cano should've definitely made it. Shocked that Pedroia actually won it this year. I know I have Yankee bias in that Pedroia is my least favorite player hands down in baseball but he's not the 2B that Cano is and not even close.
+2 ;)

Members online

Latest posts