Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question: You have $5000 to spend, as an investment in cards.. What do you buy ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Conversation came up recently.. What to spend the $5000 on, we went back and forth... I said old school guys, ( Ruth, Wagner, Shoeless Joe, Cobb, Gibson etc) Buddy says, no way.. Today's rookies.... What do you guys think ?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Matters the time frame.

High grade Vintage is much safer than prospects but certainly not more fun and will take longer.

You can make fast money with prospects or loose it all. Bigger gamble for sure.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Vintage. Modern stuff goes up/down too much in a short time and you could easily be stuck holding.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
You'll lose on mid-end vintage due to grade inflation.

Solid, rare cut autos and unquestionably authentic HOF patches from well-known DLP or UD products are the biggest bang for your buck.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Vintage. For investment purposes I'd get one of the more popular HOFers in the highest grade possible that 5K can buy. That's what I'd do if I was investing, but personally I don't do that with the hobby.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'd go for the best 1954 Topps Hank Aaron RC high-grade I could get.

IDK the auction house prices so I can't say what that grade would be, but you should be able to find a 7, maybe a 8.

Personally, I still think he's under-priced and I LOVE that set too...

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Check out how vintage Mantles in higher grade have been doing over the last five years and I am sure you will get your answer. Even earlier vintage Mantles in lesser grade have shown great ROI's, especially the 1952 Topps mantle in any grade.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I'd go for the best 1954 Topps Hank Aaron RC high-grade I could get.

IDK the auction house prices so I can't say what that grade would be, but you should be able to find a 7, maybe a 8.

Personally, I still think he's under-priced and I LOVE that set too...

The way that 54 aaron has been selling you would not be able to get a 7 for 5k. Also a 8 would bring over 10k

Members online