Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Bagwell is the only player in that set I PC. I know at some point we got promos for '95 Leaf in the shop but given how close they are in appearance to the regular cards I'm not sure if I kept any of them. I wouldn't mind putting together a full set to go with my '95 Leaf sets but Bagwell would be the main one I'd be interested in.

If I had an extra 1992 High 5 prototype Bagwell, I would send it to you. Will let you know if I come across another one.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Nice collection you have there. Awhile back I listed a 1992 High 5 prototype of Canseco with a RED 5 in the upper left corner instead of the normal Gray 5. Was wondering if you were the one who won my auction on eBay.

Thanks! I don't believe it was me, but I do have it. I still am in need of this dude here though:

wanted18%20(1).jpg

mouschi

May 18, 2012
[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Skybo...150309?hash=item2f159e2ba5:g:YZMAAOSw7adagPXw

You have this one already?

Actually leximo has several neat looking Canseco auctions live right now.

Indeed I do, thanks so much for the heads up though! I know Alexis, and we talk every now and then. I noticed a bunch of Canseco cards listed & wondered why he didn't tell me to start, lol! He is CRAZY busy it sounds like though. There are some I don't yet have, but would probably rather get them a tad cheaper because I'm typically the only buyer on these types of things of Jose's.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Indeed I do, thanks so much for the heads up though! I know Alexis, and we talk every now and then. I noticed a bunch of Canseco cards listed & wondered why he didn't tell me to start, lol! He is CRAZY busy it sounds like though. There are some I don't yet have, but would probably rather get them a tad cheaper because I'm typically the only buyer on these types of things of Jose's.

I usually buy him out of Jeff Fryes and Ozzies. He's always been really easy to deal with as far as making offers on auctions.
[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] I'm going to pick your brain a bit if you don't mind since you collect proofs too. How do you store your proofs that are uncut on the vertical (meaning they are two cards tall)?

Last edited:

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I usually buy him out of Jeff Fryes and Ozzies. He's always been really easy to deal with as far as making offers on auctions.
[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] I'm going to pick your brain a bit if you don't mind since you collect proofs too. How do you store your proofs that are uncut on the vertical (meaning they are two cards tall)?

Yeah, I'm a leximo fan :) Generally speaking, I don't do 2 card panels - I cut them down to be JUST big enough to fit in a regular top loader. For my collection, I desire to have as many of my pieces stored in regular sized top loaders, but for proofs, I want them to easily be seen that they were not in fact just regular cards pulled from packs, so as long as I can see it is noticeably larger than a base version of the same card, but fit in the top loader, I'm good. :) That's how I do anyway!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Yeah, I'm a leximo fan :) Generally speaking, I don't do 2 card panels - I cut them down to be JUST big enough to fit in a regular top loader. For my collection, I desire to have as many of my pieces stored in regular sized top loaders, but for proofs, I want them to easily be seen that they were not in fact just regular cards pulled from packs, so as long as I can see it is noticeably larger than a base version of the same card, but fit in the top loader, I'm good. :) That's how I do anyway!

Yeah, I like leaving them intact so the printing process is kept intact. 2 card horizontal panels will fit in a 4x6 4 pocket sheet so they're easy but the vertical ones won't.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I posted this in the '90s thread, but it probably more belongs here.

1998 Hamburger Helper production proof printed on white card stock, with a manufactured cut, cropping differences, and text alignment changes on the reverse.

img368.jpgimg370.jpg

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I posted this in the '90s thread, but it probably more belongs here.

1998 Hamburger Helper production proof printed on white card stock, with a manufactured cut, cropping differences, and text alignment changes on the reverse.

View attachment 77276View attachment 77277

Sweet! I actually just picked up a Kraft production proof on white card stock as opposed to the brown stock. The seller had it up forever and was asking a boatload for it, but I finally got him down.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Hostage Holder there...I gave up on seeing a reasonable price for one. There is a difference between pricing something due to limited quantity and real demand for said limited quantity item and that is definitely a specialty piece only certain buyers will find appealing.

Sweet! I actually just picked up a Kraft production proof on white card stock as opposed to the brown stock. The seller had it up forever and was asking a boatload for it, but I finally got him down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts