Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
In a situation like this with a tied ballgame in the 9th you put your best relief (non-closer) pitcher in the game. Carle is not that, he's given runs in 3 straight games.

This game was no longer lost solely because of our toxic lineup but now Snitker too.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Didn’t draw it up that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sometimes this team just needs a little anti-jinx to get them going!

But in all honesty, no I didn't expect them to win this game at all. The 0-for-8 with RISP stat gave me no confidence in them making a come from behind win. Looks like they just needed to get the big hit when runners weren't in scoring position. Still some magic in those bats, even if it doesn't look like it at times.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
So, we are still one game ahead of the Phillies based on winning percentage but if we lose Game 2 and the Phillies win tonight, we'll still be tied based on winning percentage but in reality we'd be one game back, as the L stat is the only one that matters at the end of the day. You can win a ton of games in a row but you can never unlose a game. Now, if we win Game 2 and the Phillies lose, we'll be a game up in reality but 2 games up based on winning percentage. I tend to pay more attention to winning percentage until we reach the 120 game mark. At that point, I'm only looking at the lose column.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Historically Julio has been an awful pitcher at this ballpark and he's given up 3 or more runs in each of his last 3 starts...but in his two starts against the Mets this season he's thrown 14 scoreless innings with one of those games at home so there is hope.

Members online