Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad Seller on going experience, Beware of this Seller!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Do you have his eBay ID? I received a package from the same area (not the exact address) with only the top loader. NO CARD. Shipped with eBay labels pasted the same way too. Hmmmmmm. Mine is not that high of a price though. Hope it works out for you.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Sorry to hear about this - such a great card/memorabilia item to have in one's collection too! :(

It's nearly impossible to take the emotional element out of something like this because it is so personal to both of you. However, it's not for me, and it seems there are several resolutions that could be sought. You could a) Ask him to file for insurance reimbursement and be patient while you wait for that process to take place, b) contact eBay and have them work to resolve the case c) file with paypal a claim of item not received.

Chances are you've explored all of these options. The hardest part is being able to remain cool, level-headed, and patient. With all the security features you both have (ebay's aggressive buyer protection and the seller having insured/sig conf.), you both should be well protected here in this deal gone bad.

Now I don't think a $550 card just disappears, so I agree, someone isn't being truthful. What did he say about the gum box? Did he acknowledge putting that in there? Does he claim to know anything about it? To me, this is kind of a key issue... It's the ticket to your "item not as described" case - you ordered a card - you got a gum box. Open the claim with ebay, ship it back, insured for the same amount he put on the original package, with sig confirmation and when he gets it, he'll have to deal with the return payment. Actually, eBay should freeze the funds immediately upon your claim, which they probably did. Given the time of year, and depending on whether or not he had that money ear marked for something, that alone may have set him off in defense mode (not that it's right, but could be an explanation of a hostile response). Secondly, it is REALLY bizzare that someone would put a gum box into a package. I would love to know what was up with that gum box...

I would also asked him to look around his card room, check the floor, behind a desk, stacks of cards... it is ALWAYS possible that the card fell out of the package before he sealed it and he didn't realize it. I know, it's a BIG stretch... but it is possible.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This card is bound to show up one day. At some point. It's a one of a kind card, not going to stay hidden for long.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Seems fishy that seller would blame you instead of USPS. I have had something similar happen as a seller, and I just refund the buyer and move on if I lose the Ebay case.
He eneded up blaming me, then USPS, then back to me and quit all communications, just told me to escalate the case.

I noticed that it was sent with Signature Confirmation. Was it sent to a P.O. Box or did you sign for it? Who is T. Gomez?
It was sent to PO Box. T Gomez is me. With my job requiring me to be out of state for a week or weeks at a time I have my Brother and Brother inlaw on my ebay account (Just their names) so they can recover my packages while im gone. Thank goodness I got back in town in time to sign this one myself as it would have created even more issues had it been my Brother or brother in law instead.

Do you have his eBay ID? I received a package from the same area (not the exact address) with only the top loader. NO CARD. Shipped with eBay labels pasted the same way too. Hmmmmmm. Mine is not that high of a price though. Hope it works out for you.
The ebay idea is in the link on the first page.

here it is - http://www.ebay.com/itm/231087137431?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649=

Sorry to hear about this - such a great card/memorabilia item to have in one's collection too! :(

It's nearly impossible to take the emotional element out of something like this because it is so personal to both of you. However, it's not for me, and it seems there are several resolutions that could be sought. You could a) Ask him to file for insurance reimbursement and be patient while you wait for that process to take place, b) contact eBay and have them work to resolve the case c) file with paypal a claim of item not received.

Chances are you've explored all of these options. The hardest part is being able to remain cool, level-headed, and patient. With all the security features you both have (ebay's aggressive buyer protection and the seller having insured/sig conf.), you both should be well protected here in this deal gone bad.

Now I don't think a $550 card just disappears, so I agree, someone isn't being truthful. What did he say about the gum box? Did he acknowledge putting that in there? Does he claim to know anything about it? To me, this is kind of a key issue... It's the ticket to your "item not as described" case - you ordered a card - you got a gum box. Open the claim with ebay, ship it back, insured for the same amount he put on the original package, with sig confirmation and when he gets it, he'll have to deal with the return payment. Actually, eBay should freeze the funds immediately upon your claim, which they probably did. Given the time of year, and depending on whether or not he had that money ear marked for something, that alone may have set him off in defense mode (not that it's right, but could be an explanation of a hostile response). Secondly, it is REALLY bizzare that someone would put a gum box into a package. I would love to know what was up with that gum box...

I would also asked him to look around his card room, check the floor, behind a desk, stacks of cards... it is ALWAYS possible that the card fell out of the package before he sealed it and he didn't realize it. I know, it's a BIG stretch... but it is possible.
Thank you for the advice. At this time the Seller has quit communicating with me and didn't even answer my last message. So I finally escalated it and now waiting to see what happens.

This card is bound to show up one day. At some point. It's a one of a kind card, not going to stay hidden for long.

---

This and will be interesting when it does.

You need to change the title of this thread to "Beware of this SELLER"

Yes, LOl, I will when I figure out how.

Last edited:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Seems fishy that seller would blame you instead of USPS. I have had something similar happen as a seller, and I just refund the buyer and move on if I lose the Ebay case.
He eneded up blaming me, then USPS, then back to me and quit all communications, just told me to escalate the case.

I noticed that it was sent with Signature Confirmation. Was it sent to a P.O. Box or did you sign for it? Who is T. Gomez?
It was sent to PO Box. T Gomez is me. With my job requiring me to be out of state for a week or weeks at a time I have my Brother and Brother inlaw on my ebay account (Just their names) so they can recover my packages while im gone. Thank goodness I got back in town in time to sign this one myself as it would have created even more issues had it been my Brother or brother in law instead.

The ebay idea is in the link on the first page.

here it is - http://www.ebay.com/itm/231087137431?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649=

Thank you for the advice. At this time the Seller has quit communicating with me and didn't even answer my last message. So I finally escalated it and now waiting to see what happens.

---

This and will be interesting when it does.

You need to change the title of this thread to "Beware of this SELLER"

Yes, LOl, I will when I figure out how.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you Charlie, I really don't mind at all and completely understand why people would question anything these day. Plus I don't post a lot of my mailday on the regular board much anymore so most newer people don't know or understand my collecting habits. I think for the most part everyone has been really good :lol: Like one poster said im posting on a message board and your gonna get questioned, which I completely expected before I posted this up. Again this is just a warning of the seller and if anyone sees the card on any other board or ebay please contact me. Thanks

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not to bump this thread but I just looked back and this card was originally pulled at my LCS. They send out a weekly email on Tuesdays which include which cards were pulled at the shop that week. This email was from 7/24/12, so that person (from Dallas obviously) must of sold it and the person who bought it must of sold it to you? Here is the picture from the weekly email, it's obviously the card:

11101.jpg

Members online

Latest posts