Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Black Friday. Post what you've bought and deals you've found!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Understand it can be a pain, I just don't think many sellers on there with high value cards are looking to sell at eBay prices, let alone below eBay. It's just a different market on there that is more low to mid end to get transactions done

Ryan
Yeah I agree. Its just annoying to see cards that I'd buy if they were even close to ebay but they are double or sometimes triple or more!
I've sold 17 cards on $22.66 on COMC today (I ran a 20% off promotion), and I picked up the following cards:

2013 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Pick Autographs Refractors#AK
Andrew Knapp $8.05

BGS 9.5 Clayton Blackburn Bowman Chrome Auto for $24.80

2 Edwin Escobar Bowman Chrome autos for $5.25 and $4.30

2013 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Pick Autographs Refractors#KZ for $4.85

2 Adalberto Mejia Bowman Chrome autos for $3.85 each
Nice pick ups. I've got mostly cheap stuff on there but I've sold around 10 items I think.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
I spent hours looking through all of TSJCT's inventory last night and found some really nice deals. And they were definitely already picked through at that point.

He and a couple other sellers gave real Black Friday - esque discounts... site-wide, not so much.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
From what I'm reading on Blowout, it seems like most of the sellers who are running (legitimate) high percentage sales are moving a ton of inventory. But overall I think the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales have left something to be desired. Aside from some major sellers who decide to clear out inventory (TSJTC this year and Swagcards last year), I've noticed many sellers not even bothering to set up a sale. But I'm very happy with the cards I was able to pick up the past two days.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
So far, I've sold a $0.13 Randy Johnson sticker. It's like selling candy to a baby....that can only afford 13 cents worth of candy.

All my stuff is 50% off my previous listed prices, but no one seems to care. I was really hoping to clear a good chunk of my inventory, but people just aren't into failed Japanese imports anymore.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
There are two "high end" cards that I want on COMC. A Print Plate and a Bowman Sterling Purple #/10.

Both are way over priced and I can't even make an offer on them because the sellers are having a 10% off sale.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I'm at 25% or more off everything and haven't done much. Everything I have listed is either at the lowest on the site or there aren't any other copies listed. Made 10 or so low dollar sales, but not even getting offers on any of my stuff at more than $10

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I found on friday a 2011 BGS 9.5 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper for $8.50. i only had $4 and some change so i added money to my account so i could buy the card. The money took over an hour to get into my account. by the time i was credited with the money the seller changed the price to $29. i was pretty pissed.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not a specific card. Just a generalization over the majority of higher end stuff on the site.

It's not really a debatable fact that 95% of high end on that site is way overpriced.

That is good to know then, as I have never been over there.I have thought about setting up an account someday, but doesn't sound like something worthwhile right now.Good to hear other's input who frequent there.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I found on friday a 2011 BGS 9.5 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper for $8.50. i only had $4 and some change so i added money to my account so i could buy the card. The money took over an hour to get into my account. by the time i was credited with the money the seller changed the price to $29. i was pretty pissed.

Why can't you pay with Paypal?Seems silly to have to pay via some other way.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
That is good to know then, as I have never been over there.I have thought about setting up an account someday, but doesn't sound like something worthwhile right now.Good to hear other's input who frequent there.
It's good for things 20
And under usually and I've found prospect autos sell well if they are chrome. However anything high end usually is wayyyy overpriced.
You pay via Paypal but it goes from Paypal to comc and is turned into credit which apparently took some people a while on Black Friday and Saturday. I deposited a little money and it was there instantly

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN

You can pay with PayPal directly if purchasing via the shipping cart. This avoids the need for store credit but also requires immediate shipment (not to be held in your account).

Stryk

Aug 7, 2008
I have bought some Topps Tek to flip. Got some nice 2000 Color ones that you don't see often. Found lots of good deals, not steals though. Lots of stuff at about 20% below ebay. That was the stuff I used to live for when I would just buy them instead of eating the 20% cashout fee.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
purchased store credit and it hasnt come through yet. there is a card i am wanting to get. ugh

Yes the same thing happened to me, it is very annoying. Usually it posts right away but mine is not posting and I'll be a little frustrated if the prices go up or the cards I want get sold. The money has left my paypal account but has not credited my comc account.

Update: My account got credited after about an hour and I was able to pick up all the cards in my cart, so all was good. I just got some 90's inserts for my griffey PC and a 1996 leaf signature auto of Alex Rodriguez, I kept thinking I should buy some credits and make an offer for the Rodriguez but I didn't want to buy credits, get denied and have all that money sitting on COMC, but the buyer had a 40% off sale so I picked it up as I need it for the set.

Last edited:

WildGinge

Jan 25, 2013
I've found it to be pretty decent both ways. Sold more than I'd targeted (well, more than last year) and found a fair number of bargains. Didn't spend much on PC stuff as nothing I collect would ever be considered hot so I'll just pick some of those items up down the line, especially now I know what kind of price sellers will actually take on them. Bought more than I've sold but still quite pleased.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
As of 7 PM Central on Sunday; my three day total is 111 cards for $42.27 -- not a bad weekend and I have not had any offers since Friday. Please note I am at 25 percent off and most of my cards are lower end/player oriented. Stop by and visit -- my user name is the same on COMC as it is here. FYI --- I'll usually accept one more level off my discounted price but if the offer is 1/2 the original asking price -- that will go to automatic decline.

Latest posts