Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PRETTY COOL - NEW US MINTED BASEBALL COIN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
A tad nervous, but finally got through. Site looked like a geocities 1998 website as I was poking through.

Got one of each for the collection. Thought about a gold to flip later but decided against the risk

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I picked up 2 of the half dollar proofs. I wanted one of each, but couldn't afford that. My grandpa collects coins so instead of splurging on myself and getting a silver dollar and I ended up grabbing 2 half dollars, one for me and one for him

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Ordered two of the gold's earlier, my order availability also reads backordered.
With a FINITE number of all these being minted you would think that they would stop taking orders when the quantitiy ran out….

Then again, this is the US Mint, so who the hell knows. Fingers crossed.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Ordered two of the gold's earlier, my order availability also reads backordered.
With a FINITE number of all these being minted you would think that they would stop taking orders when the quantitiy ran out….

Then again, this is the US Mint, so who the hell knows. Fingers crossed.

The production capacity is finite - they know how many are ready and what their schedule is. I've never had them renege on an order or not meet a date once it was provided.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Pre-sells of the golds are selling for $730+. That's a hearty mark-up and there's definitely a demand.

A bunch of major pluses for this...
- gold
- US Mint
- limited mintage
- baseball
- collectable curved design

Seeing these hover at $7-800 probably isn't too crazy.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Pre-sells of the golds are selling for $730+. That's a hearty mark-up and there's definitely a demand.

A bunch of major pluses for this...
- gold
- US Mint
- limited mintage
- baseball
- collectable curved design

Seeing these hover at $7-800 probably isn't too crazy.
pre-sales always come in high. Every comm'm has at least one gold version. The ones that reach outside the coin collecting community are the ones that sell best on the secondary market right after release. This is one of those. damn

A_Pharis

I am actually surprised they had to change mid-sale to limit the number per household. People must have been buying them en masse.

We own a few uncirc. Liberty Dollars. We have a family friend that worked for the mint in New Orleans. He would buy a few off of the line for my brothers and I and give them to our dad for us.

Last edited:

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
They have reached the limit on gold coins - now you can only get on waitlist

What makes you think they are wait listed? I still see them online as available to ship 4/11/14??

I ordered one of each except the gold uncirc. And two of the gold proof, with hopes of selling one for a little profit. I sure hope its wait listed, but I'm not seeing it...

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Oops, never mind. It's in the description. Although still shows a ship date in red at the top!

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts