Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody get their Dale Murphy Auto yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I assume my 77T is waiting for my return to work on Monday!! Excited, but wondering to myself if I didn't make the "money" choice, rather than the personal choice, by getting the RC over the more favored 78T card. Both were wants and I am guessing the 78 would be cheaper to buy if I came across them in the future.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That certainly sucks. I am not really a fan of 8x10s per se and likely would have opted out had I known, but I appreciate the replacement.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
there is some bad news regarding the cards, his agent wouldn't let him sign them. I sent an 8x10 and your card should be in the package.
How the hell can Murphy's agent order him not to sign the cards? It makes no sense. Didn't he sign cards at the National? And he signs cards through the mail.
Something doesn't add up.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I paid 10 and never sent my card, which was my fault.

Is there a 8X10 for me or just a refund? I'm totally cool with either

And Austin: reps and agents make up rules like that on the fly all the time. It's pretty normal.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm confused, Murphy signed a bunch of cards. I was standing 3 feet from him almost the whole signing because I was handing out FCB cards. He kept saying how much he loved the A&G card of his each time he signed one. Not to mention I saw at least a dozen 77 Topps signed also.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Ok, I was standing 5 feet from Murphy and his "handler" at the end and this is how I remember it:

-His handler made a big deal about him signing the cards since I believe he'd reached his limit on cards since they kept track of each different type of item signed.
-He signed the balls and the 8X10's since they had time and those hadnt reached their limits.

Chris is not being accurate when he says they didnt sign cards since Ken and I both saw him sign dozens and did it happily. By the end of the line, he had reached the total amount so it was cut off. The autos are free to convention attendees but Tri-star still pays for them individually. Tri-Star was also VERY strict about a 1 auto limit so the fact we got all the items at the end was a bonus.

Members online

Latest posts