Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF debate: Paul Konerko

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Chris Rose and Millar were talking about Pauly yesterday and both seem to think he's a lock for Cooperstown.

Was wondering what the consensus was here. At first I thought no way, but then looking at the numbers, if he has 3 solid years left in the tank, he could have 500 HR and 2,500 hits. Throw in 6 AS games and a WS ring, it's possible no?

Paul Konerko Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Right now, he's had a nice career. If it were to end after this season, he's not a HOFer though.

There is a lot of discussion that this might be his last season. If he decides to stick around for a few more years and reaches the 500 HR plateau (and he's one of the clean guys) and stays healthy, then it becomes a very interesting discussion.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I will put my vote in for 'no', but if he does reach those milestones he will be in the discussions.....but still will be on the outside looking in.

I do like how he has a great AB/K ratio for a power hitter.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I was "no" before starting this thread. After [MENTION=3132]Pine Tar[/MENTION] 's post, I'm thinking about it. Richard has got a point. We have the shoe-ins like Maddux, Glavine, Thomas, Griffey, etc over the next 3-4 years...but after that we might be looking at a depleted company full of PED users....Konerko could very well slip in the HOF in 10 years...

On the notion that he is retiring after this year, I heard those rumors too. No way he retires if he puts up 30 HR this year. That would put him less than 50 away from 500 and that is obtainable within 2 years. He's a true professional hitter.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I was "no" before starting this thread. After @Pine Tar 's post, I'm thinking about it. Richard has got a point. We have the shoe-ins like Maddux, Glavine, Thomas, Griffey, etc over the next 3-4 years...but after that we might be looking at a depleted company full of PED users....Konerko could very well slip in the HOF in 10 years...

On the notion that he is retiring after this year, I heard those rumors too. No way he retires if he puts up 30 HR this year. That would put him less than 50 away from 500 and that is obtainable within 2 years. He's a true professional hitter.

That was my thought.And the reason I said what I said.

Members online

Latest posts