Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Passing on the hobby to younger generations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Mixed in with my Black Friday BO order was a couple of items for the little girl (she's 2). She got a Mickey Mouse Commemorative Card Set and a Finding Nemo Tin with a couple of packs inside. She knows daddy loves to open and sort his cards and it seems she enjoys it as well. She likes to show me the Mickey Mouse cards one at a time (all 100 of them) and ask me "What is Mickey doing?" I am hopeful that down the road she may pick up the hobby for herself and get the same enjoyment out of it. I have been working on a 2011 Topps Gold set for her birth year and I plan to give that to her as a future gift.

What you have done this Holiday Season to ensure our hobby is picked up by the younger generations?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
My daughter is more interested in my cards. It has been fun to grab an old junk wax box from to stash in the basement and open with her.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Get them an Xbox, and you won't have to worry about "sharing" or "teaching" or "passing down" !! That's what I did, and the kids never bother me at all! My kids, Charles and Karlene, have no interest in my hobby! I just call them when food is ready!

**edit** Kaylee, my daughter's name is Kaylee! I think Karlene is a neighbor kid...

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Get them an Xbox, and you won't have to worry about "sharing" or "teaching" or "passing down" !! That's what I did, and the kids never bother me at all! My kids, Charles and Karlene, have no interest in my hobby! I just call them when food is ready!

**edit** Kaylee, my daughter's name is Kaylee! I think Karlene is a neighbor kid...
Sometimes I don't recognize when somebody is joking. This is a joke right? Otherwise, that is sad, sad, sad.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I have a great nephew hes 8 gave him all my jeter's he like's the one touch and screw down holders keeps them on a shelf in his room. got him some topps boxes were going to rip together on xmas.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
My fiancee's cousin was sold after I took him to an Astros game and showed him how to get autographs after.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Not just a holiday season thing, but my wife and I donate cards to a local children's hospital. We've made at least 1 donation a year the last 3 years. The nurses say that the kids love the cards and have a good time with them.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Once we move closer to the Cities (hopefully next year) I plan on donating to the Children's Hospital as well. Glad to hear the kids enjoy them there!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I have been giving a card and a piece of candy to kids at Halloween for over 10 years. Its amazing to see many of the kids (of both sexes) reach into their bag to pull out the card to see who it is.
I had two moms tell me that my house was their son's favorite house each year.
I also donate cards to Goodwill each year.
DANNY

Not just a holiday season thing, but my wife and I donate cards to a local children's hospital. We've made at least 1 donation a year the last 3 years. The nurses say that the kids love the cards and have a good time with them.

Its odd, but the hospital here in Manty didnt accept them when I tried to donate them....so i gave them to Goodwill and to my cousins

Members online

Latest posts