Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mlb Winter Meetings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Lester should have a great year for the Cubs. Much easier for him to pitch to pitchers than the DH. Cubs are now 12/1 favorites to win the World Series, due to the Lester signing. And don't forget, in the 1989 movie Back to the Future (Part 2) the Cubs win the 2015 World Series. :D

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
And the Reds continue to just sit on their hands and do nothing!

If they end up behind the Cubs in the 2015 season, I see a new GM on his way to Cincy!

Fordman

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
And the Reds continue to just sit on their hands and do nothing!

If they end up behind the Cubs in the 2015 season, I see a new GM on his way to Cincy!

Fordman

I feel TA. Haven't heard a thing from my Rangers except we tried to sign the glorious Masterson. I guess we were so good last year we don't need to add or change anything

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
What pitchers are the Phillies getting for Rollins? Why the wait? Is this deal expanding to include Hamels?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Interesting note about Dan Haren. There is speculation that the Dodgers didn't want to pay him and when Haren said he would only play for the Angels or Dodgers, they shipped him to the Marlins with hopes that he would retire.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Andrew Friedman: You want answers?

Fanboy: I want the truth!

Friedman: You can't handle the truth.

Son, we live in a world that has a budget, and those budgets have to be guarded by men with pencils. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Fanboy? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Matt Kemp, and you curse the number crunchers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Kemp's trade, while tragic, probably saved wins. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves wins. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on social media, you want me on that phone, you need me on that phone. We use code words like WAR, WHIP, OPS. We use these code words as the backbone of a life spent analyzing data. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very lineup that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a phone, and order some season tickets. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I'm glad they didn't resign Butler at that price, but was hoping a deal could've been swung instead of this signing.

Once Butler left, I was hoping Cuthbert would get a chance. He hit very well at triple A, as a 21 yr old. Morales will be sufficient for a year. If he can stay healthy. Rather inexpensive also.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Well done.

Andrew Friedman: You want answers?

Fanboy: I want the truth!

Friedman: You can't handle the truth.

Son, we live in a world that has a budget, and those budgets have to be guarded by men with pencils. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Fanboy? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Matt Kemp, and you curse the number crunchers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Kemp's trade, while tragic, probably saved wins. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves wins. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on social media, you want me on that phone, you need me on that phone. We use code words like WAR, WHIP, OPS. We use these code words as the backbone of a life spent analyzing data. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very lineup that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a phone, and order some season tickets. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Members online

Latest posts