Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Franchise Impactful Deaths

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Because of what he does for the Mariners.. Edgar for sure, but Grffey would be the shocker..

Paul Molitor for the Twins/Brewers, Dale Murphy for the Braves, and right now Jeter for the Yankees..

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Hmmm. The Pads lost Tony Gwynn and Jerry Coleman last year. Those were huge blows to the city and franchise. After that probably Trevor Hoffman, Randy Jones and Dave Winfield. Steve Garvey might be a stretch.

While any of those would be big losses, I can think of one other Padre... :cool:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Twins I'd say Tom Kelly or Tony Oliva.

Someone say Tom "Big Red" Kelly

twins-bats2.jpg

hrbek14

Jan 27, 2013
Waconia, MN
Because of what he does for the Mariners.. Edgar for sure, but Grffey would be the shocker..

Paul Molitor for the Twins/Brewers, Dale Murphy for the Braves, and right now Jeter for the Yankees..

I don't know, Molitor only played 3 years for the Twins when they weren't very good. If he weren't their manager, I wouldn't see a huge impact.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I can't see Richardson , Kubek , or Olivia being a big blip to the "community". I could be wrong , just don't see them as being of that caliber.

Ryan

theacox

Jan 19, 2013

Molitor would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck personally, but I'm not sure how Brewer fans would react. He's not that old anyway, so I'm sure it's on no one's radar.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The biggest for the Brewers would be Uecker at this point.

If we're talking about the impact beyond baseball, Uecker's death might be one of the biggest in the whole game; possibly the next major sports figure to pass. It's going to be a terrible time when that happens.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
If we're talking about the impact beyond baseball, Uecker's death might be one of the biggest in the whole game; possibly the next major sports figure to pass. It's going to be a terrible time when that happens.

Yeah I'm sure baseball-wide right now is Vin, then Ueck, then there's a huge empty feeling.

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
Everyone may laugh but I think darryl strawberry for the Mets I am bias because I am a fan. I still think the city loves and cares about him.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Being a Royals fan. I agree George Brett would be the big hit for us.

For a lot of teams the biggest impact would be the loss of a current player. That would be very unexpected. I don't want to list names but if your team's current star were to pass it would make the local and depending on the player maybe national news.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah I'm sure baseball-wide right now is Vin, then Ueck, then there's a huge empty feeling.

Baseball-wide, we're on the verge of a lot of major superstars passing away. So many are in their late 70's/early 80's or beyond....

Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Yogi Berra
Vin Scully
Bob Eucker
Harmon Killebrew
Tommy LaSorda
Al Kaline
Frank Robinson
Bobby Doerr (almost 100!!)
Bob Gibson
Sandy Koufax

There's gonna be a lot of sad days coming in the next 2-5 years :(

Greg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Baseball-wide, we're on the verge of a lot of major superstars passing away. So many are in their late 70's/early 80's or beyond....

Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Yogi Berra
Vin Scully
Bob Eucker
Harmon Killebrew
Tommy LaSorda
Al Kaline
Frank Robinson
Bobby Doerr (almost 100!!)
Bob Gibson
Sandy Koufax

There's gonna be a lot of sad days coming in the next 2-5 years :(

Greg

Killer died 4 years ago , but yes there are quite a few on that list that are iconic type names

Ryan