Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
I don't think I am that lucky - this has been over the last 3 months with between 3-5 batches per month. It may just be that what you sent in is requiring more research or is part of the catalog that has not been completed yet. Could be something else as well - is this your only batch?

You must just be having good luck. I am hoping at least SOMETHING besides my one card that they over charged me for pops before the end date.

Sale value.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
My bread and butter are cards that sell between $1-5 apiece and I sell quite a few in the $5-10 range as well. My $10+ stuff is selling slowly, but it does sell if priced appropriately.

When you say valued $10 or less, are you referring to book value or sale value? Obviously that is a big difference.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Lower priced stuff or lower priced Hawks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

lol, mostly lowered priced Hawk stuff such as well as his checklists, cameos, and mentions, but I have also picked up a lot of Drew Brees on there for my son. Also thinking about starting a Shawn Michaels collection.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I don't think I am that lucky - this has been over the last 3 months with between 3-5 batches per month. It may just be that what you sent in is requiring more research or is part of the catalog that has not been completed yet. Could be something else as well - is this your only batch?

Virtually everything is from the past year or two and is name brand stuff like bowman chrome, ginter, bowman, topps chrome, donruss and stuff like that.

Hoping I'll have a bunch hit in the next couple days or a week or so.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Virtually everything is from the past year or two and is name brand stuff like bowman chrome, ginter, bowman, topps chrome, donruss and stuff like that.

Hoping I'll have a bunch hit in the next couple days or a week or so.

I sent in 17,000 cards last year in March and they processed them in about 10 batches. 90% of the cards were in numerical order of the same product, helping speed up processing. All cards were done by May. Then took another few months to price them (after beckett left). Fee was $3500 and as of right now, I've sold about 3500 cards for $3800. Cards as low as 30 cents to as high as $50.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
My bread and butter are cards that sell between $1-5 apiece and I sell quite a few in the $5-10 range as well. My $10+ stuff is selling slowly, but it does sell if priced appropriately.

Most of what I plan on sending in the first go around will be $5 and less cards. Are your $10+ cards all JSY/AUs? Also should I not send cards in that have 5 or more already listed since my items will be less likely to sell?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Most of what I plan on sending in the first go around will be $5 and less cards. Are your $10+ cards all JSY/AUs? Also should I not send cards in that have 5 or more already listed since my items will be less likely to sell?

Depends. You can price them lower than anyone else and they will sell faster. If I had cards in there that had high quantities, I put a low price on them. Some people sell the same card from 30 cents and others put the same card at 1.00... it's just how fast you want to move cards

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
And if you want to pull you cards back and have them returned, what is the cost? I see the storage cost at $.01 per card, per month, but didn't see the return rates.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
Lower numbered star cards do just fine - obviously if you price an Aaron Harang Chrome Orange at $20, it will sit forever. Sometimes multiple copies of a card means it is popular - checking the sales history (need history points for that) is a useful thing. If there are 20 on the site, but 50 have sold...obviously someone is buying the card.

Just price stuff to sell, not to sit around. I sell through 400-600 cards per month on average - with my port averaging between 1,500-2,500 cards at any given time. Some people have 10 times the inventory that I do and sell the same amount.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
I think you can call them and ask about that - I occasionally pull a couple of cards to return and sell on eBay or in a forum and the cost is the same .25 as the cards I buy.

And if you want to pull you cards back and have them returned, what is the cost? I see the storage cost at $.01 per card, per month, but didn't see the return rates.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Lower numbered star cards do just fine - obviously if you price an Aaron Harang Chrome Orange at $20, it will sit forever. Sometimes multiple copies of a card means it is popular - checking the sales history (need history points for that) is a useful thing. If there are 20 on the site, but 50 have sold...obviously someone is buying the card.

Just price stuff to sell, not to sit around. I sell through 400-600 cards per month on average - with my port averaging between 1,500-2,500 cards at any given time. Some people have 10 times the inventory that I do and sell the same amount.

I've been going through cards I'd like to send in and almost all of them have 5 or less on COMC as on now. I agree that you are sending them cards to sell, otherwise you are just wasting money but sending them in and having them sit there.

In terms of the history points, I don't have any so I can't check prices. I tried to do some of the challenges to earn points but when I clicked to start several of them they didn't work. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
In terms of the history points, I don't have any so I can't check prices. I tried to do some of the challenges to earn points but when I clicked to start several of them they didn't work. Not sure what the deal is with that.
I think the sales history should be free, I am spending money on listing, selling and cashing out that it should be a feature for sellers

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
I think the sales history should be free, I am spending money on listing, selling and cashing out that it should be a feature for sellers

Well maybe it should be, but it isn't. I think you have to either pay for it or do those challenges to earn them. The challenges aren't working for me though.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I tried the challenge before and it hasn't worked since Beckett's been gone...
and they want to charge $99 for a year (beta) of pricing which isn't fully functional...

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
I tried the challenge before and it hasn't worked since Beckett's been gone...
and they want to charge $99 for a year (beta) of pricing which isn't fully functional...

I emailed them today asking about the challenges, I'll let you know what they say.

How do I flip cards after I buy them? I just bought a card and wanted to relist it but not sure how. Does it matter which mode I'm in?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I emailed them today asking about the challenges, I'll let you know what they say.

How do I flip cards after I buy them? I just bought a card and wanted to relist it but not sure how. Does it matter which mode I'm in?

Just price it and save, then it will be available for others.

Members online