Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

DSC09317-1_zps18c5ebb5-1_zps350a7e6a.jpg

DSC09318_zps18707bca.jpg

DSC09319-1_zps5fd13c8f.jpg

DSC09320_zps31d9565b.jpg

DSC09322_zps21c9d93f.jpg

DSC09323-1_zpsf91a3c85.jpg

DSC09324-1_zpsb2d75b37.jpg

DSC09325_zpse4c75297.jpg

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Nice [MENTION=3662]WaxPax[/MENTION]. Do you collect all Mets books, or do you just have the Hernandez signed?

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The Mets announced that they signed outfielder Andrew Brown to a minor league contract that includes an invitation to MLB Spring Training (Twitter link).

Brown made his MLB with the 2011 Cardinals before the Rockies claimed him off of waivers from St. Louis. The 28-year-old spent part of the 2012 season with the Rockies, appearing in 46 games as a corner outfielder. Brown, a right-handed hitter, posted a .232/.302/.429 batting line with five home runs in 126 plate appearances with the Rockies this past season. He also appeared in 100 games at Triple-A, posting a .308/.364/.597 batting line with 24 home runs and 33 doubles. However, Colorado granted him free agency in November.

We haven't signed a Major League free agent yet this year...

Tywill555

Jan 2, 2013
I have a 2005 mike piazza midsummer swatches for trade. Maybe something braves related in the trade

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Hello Mets collectors. I'm looking for 1999 & 2000 NY Mets Rickey Henderson team issued postcards. Finders fee to whoever can help me acquire them. Thanks.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Hey Wax, ya prolly missed my question, but seeing your memorabilia, do you collect signed Mets books, or do you just happen to have the Hernandez one signed?

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Randy St. Claire, new pitching coach of AAA Las Vegas (god that hurts to say), and brought back Omar Quintanilla on a minor league deal (yes another minor league deal, no major league ones to speak of)

The excitement level ramps up with every amazing move the Mets make this off season. (Now I need to shower to wash off all this sarcasm)

WaxPax

I hate this dumpster diving approach they have taken lately....Hopefully it is just a temporary thing...

Randy St. Claire, new pitching coach of AAA Las Vegas (god that hurts to say), and brought back Omar Quintanilla on a minor league deal (yes another minor league deal, no major league ones to speak of)

The excitement level ramps up with every amazing move the Mets make this off season. (Now I need to shower to wash off all this sarcasm)

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Oh nice, I collect Mets books as a whole, and try to get signed ones when I can, I have the Hernandez book signed too.

And yeah, " the dumpster diving approach" as you call it, only works once in a blue moon (which actually happened last week, the blue moon that is). As they say, you gotta open a lot of oysters before you find a pearl

WaxPax

...and to expand upon this thought....from Metsblog....as I stated before you can get away with one mediocre OF'er not 3.....time to move on to the next dumpster...

A team insider told Adam Rubin ofESPN New York the Mets may not sign an outfielder to a Major League contract this winter.
As such, Rubin says Lucas Duda would be the primary left fielder, Kirk Nieuwenhuis would be the starting center fielder, and Mike Baxter would be the starting right fielder, all of whom are left-handed hitters.
Collin Cowgill, Brian Bixler, and Justin Turner will get consideration as right-handed platoon options in the outfield, which would allow both Brandon Hicks and Omar Quintanilla to compete as backup infielders.
If Turner is ultimately to be a backup infielder, the Mets would then consider either Bixler or Andrew Brown as second options for the right-handed hitting outfield spot.

Oh nice, I collect Mets books as a whole, and try to get signed ones when I can, I have the Hernandez book signed too.

And yeah, " the dumpster diving approach" as you call it, only works once in a blue moon (which actually happened last week, the blue moon that is). As they say, you gotta open a lot of oysters before you find a pearl

WaxPax

In his column for the New York Post,Mike Vaccaro believes Mike Piazza belongs in the Hall of Fame.
“I voted for Piazza,” Vaccaro explains. “I voted for him because he was the best offensive catcher I ever saw, because he assembled one of the greatest — if not the greatest — offensive resume of any catcher ever born. And though he has long been caught in the vortex of whispers and rumors about PED use, there has yet to be a credible complaint lodged against him.”
Piazza hit 396 home runs as a catcher, the most in Major League history. He hit 427 home runs in his 16-year Major League career.
Piazza also has the highest slugging percentage, tenth best batting average, 13th best on-base percentage, and fourth most RBI among catchers in Major League history. He was a 12-time All-Star, won the Rookie of the Year Award in 1993, won ten Silver Sluggers and finished in the top 10 of MVP voting in seven seasons.
The 2013 inductees to the National Baseball Hall of Fame will be announced on January 9.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
In his column for the New York Post,Mike Vaccaro believes Mike Piazza belongs in the Hall of Fame.
“I voted for Piazza,” Vaccaro explains. “I voted for him because he was the best offensive catcher I ever saw, because he assembled one of the greatest — if not the greatest — offensive resume of any catcher ever born. And though he has long been caught in the vortex of whispers and rumors about PED use, there has yet to be a credible complaint lodged against him.”
Piazza hit 396 home runs as a catcher, the most in Major League history. He hit 427 home runs in his 16-year Major League career.
Piazza also has the highest slugging percentage, tenth best batting average, 13th best on-base percentage, and fourth most RBI among catchers in Major League history. He was a 12-time All-Star, won the Rookie of the Year Award in 1993, won ten Silver Sluggers and finished in the top 10 of MVP voting in seven seasons.
The 2013 inductees to the National Baseball Hall of Fame will be announced on January 9.

Hear-ye Hear-ye, I totally agree.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Ok, here's a head scratcher for you Mets fans. If you wanted to collect autographs/memorabilia from people who are closely associated with the Mets, but ARE NOT players, who would you go for? And here I'm talking living, somehow accessible people, I mean I'd love to get a Joan Payson auto, but I don't see that happening, lol. I'm gunna guess people might say the Wilpons, or Sandy Alderson, but who else?

WaxPax

Who else but Mr. Met of course.....LOL

Ok, here's a head scratcher for you Mets fans. If you wanted to collect autographs/memorabilia from people who are closely associated with the Mets, but ARE NOT players, who would you go for? And here I'm talking living, somehow accessible people, I mean I'd love to get a Joan Payson auto, but I don't see that happening, lol. I'm gunna guess people might say the Wilpons, or Sandy Alderson, but who else?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts