Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

(2) more Racks of Topps Magic Football (long read sorry)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So I headed to Wal-Mart to see if they had any Blasters of Magic again. No such luck, they had not be restocked. See only 2 racks left hanging there, I was hesitant to buy them since they only have 3 packs in them for $9.48, as apposed to a blaster have 8 for $19.98 So those 2 would be 18.96 and I would be 2 packs short of the blaster haul.Well the Jones got me and I took them anyway. I was living on the theory that the racks can be told which ones have an auto in them. Note I'm not packing searching so get that thought out of your head right now.:lol: See mine and [MENTION=7717]Mike Fournier[/MENTION] Breaks for what seems to be a trend in blasters having an auto in them or not, and by the numbers located on the inside top flap.
And Mike was trying to work on the rack theory so to speak.

So for this Edition I noticed as I bought the only 2 racks hanging there, that 1 of the racks had 2 green packs in it. and they where located on the same side of the package, thought it was weird since you get 3 different color packs usually. Teal Green, Brownish, and Gold. But they are in no particular order. And some of the time the ones facing the front are different color, if this makes sense to anyone? So I thought I seen this 1 and know the last one I bought, had 2 green packs in it as well and on the same side of the pack there were on the bottom section. But for 3 color packs you should get one of each color in them I would think anyway. See here http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...6-1-rack-topps-magic-football-scan-added.html. I did not say I got 2 greens in that thread but I did and I pulled an auto out of the one and only rack there, and it 2 had 2 green packs in the bottom section. You may find it weird but I seem to notice stuff like this, when I get home and sit down to break the packs.

So I open the other rack with out the dual green pack and got the usual mini's and a Luck Base card as well as a Stephen Hill Rookie Enchantment card, and a Black mini of Calvin Johnson,

So anyway to make a short story long, well longer then you would have liked anyway. They dual teal green side of the rack pack again contained auto in one of the packs. But which of the 2 I can't remember front one or back one :lol:

The auto was Eric Decker of the Broncos and was just a base and not an SP.

So I'm not sure if this seems to be a pattern or not, and not sure the pack searchers are on to this, but just something I seen now for the 3 I opened in the past few days. Now I have to see if the Teal green ones are the ones that contain the autos. Not all of them well have, been see if that is the color pack the autos are coming out of only in retail. Oh I'm on the hunt :lol:

Scans up soon.

Last edited:

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Eric Decker's easily one of the top 5 white WR's in the league. Great hit.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I tested this theory. The only hanger pack I bought had two green packs on bottom. No dice. I should've bought the rest but they had Contender blasters out and a full box of Prizm.

yeah me to
I bought the only they had at my store and of of the hangers had 2 golden color packs in it and nothing come out of them. oh well time to sort out the set

Members online

Latest posts