Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hmmm Tier One Hitting eBay Early...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
You have got to be kidding me. They have 2013 Tier One Willie Mays Clear Reprint Auto redemptions while I am still waiting for a 2012 one to be redeemed. Besides for offering a card they clearly (pun intended) have no interest in fulfilling (they fulfilled other Mays cards earlier in the year) they have effectively killed the value of the 2012's. They must have ran out of players they could use... @toppsisclassless.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You have got to be kidding me. They have 2013 Tier One Willie Mays Clear Reprint Auto redemptions while I am still waiting for a 2012 one to be redeemed. Besides for offering a card they clearly (pun intended) have no interest in fulfilling (they fulfilled other Mays cards earlier in the year) they have effectively killed the value of the 2012's. They must have ran out of players they could use... @toppsisclassless.
Shocker... I can't tell you how many ON CARD autos I saw of Belle before they eventually redeemed a redemption of mine from like 2011! Your example won't be the last...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Aaaaannnnnnndddddddddd now they're pouring in... I'm seeing a bunch of listing now, two or three for Belle specifically. How does Topps let this happen? I'd be PISSED if I was actually a buyer of this product and someone is front running it.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Looking at some box breaks on BO, it looks like typically Topps crap. Redemptions for relic cards? You have to be kidding me!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Check out how close these relics look LOL...

2013 Topps Tribute Memo---------
$(KGrHqR,!rYFEskP8B5rBRfLRk3KNg~~60_3.JPG

Then the NEW 2013 Tier ONE------------------
$T2eC16h,!yYFIb4UWckqBSHS327)WQ~~60_12.JPG

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
So far all the clear rookie reprint autos are redemptions. One of the key selling points of the product and they can't get any of them in the product? My lcs is not going to like me tomorrow but I'm staying far away from this product.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So far all the clear rookie reprint autos are redemptions. One of the key selling points of the product and they can't get any of them in the product? My lcs is not going to like me tomorrow but I'm staying far away from this product.

Interesting observation. I'm not surprised at all. Product doesn't look like anything to write home about.

Speaking of which, I'm ready for Topps to put out one of these releases which is totally different from the year prior or god forbid another product from the same year.

Has anyone seen the Knobs yet? God tell me those are at least awesome or creative or appealing.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Why is Pele in this product? Yes he is a legend but come on......oh and thanks for decreasing the A&G prices with this insertion.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Pele is in here because he has recently opened himself up to reasonable autograph contracts here in the US

His autograph is now cheaper for companies like topps.

he provides a hit that isn't Angel Pagan

When you sign a guy like pele, you look to improve all your products. That is more important to topps than the slight decline of any particular card on the secondary market. It's better (for topps) to have a $200 autograph in MANY products than a $500 autograph in one product.

Members online

Latest posts