Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official San Francisco Giants Thread!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I live out near Central High School, in west /central Fresno. I usually shop on Ebay but from time to time I go to Bases Loaded on Shaw.

Ahhhh cool cool, I'm in the opposite Direction, Almost to Clovis, right by St. Agnes! The bullpen is literally 2 minutes from my house, but I tend to go to Mossette's Cards most of the time. I ~just found out about Bases Loaded this summer, I had no clue it even existed out there. They have the customer discount card right? Spend $150 and get $25 credit free or something like that...

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Plus, we dont beat people to near death for being a dodgers fan, there are a few Dodger caps her and there and no one ever says anything.
I hope I don't come off as pooping in the Giants thread, but this is consistently one of the most ignorant things many Giants fans bring up. Let me make it clear one more time: Brian Stow was attacked by criminals, not Dodgers fans. Each team in every professional and major college sport have the same type of scumbags masquerading as fans. Further, the statement that a Dodger fan can go to the Phone Booth and feel safe is absolutely NOT true. Over the years I have been verbally abused by drunken louts more times than I can possibly count. Thankfully I have never been physically assaulted, which I'm sure is mostly due to my refusal to take the bait that's being thrown my way. Do I think all Giants fans are drunken louts based on the behavior of the few? Of course not. Neither should you characterize all Dodgers fans as being violent thugs.

I get along with TNP777, so that's proof that Dodger and Giants fans can co-exist in harmony.
hi, Rich!

Last edited:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I hope I don't come off as pooping in the Giants thread, but this is consistently one of the most ignorant things Giants fans bring up. Let me make it clear one more time: Brian Stow was attacked by criminals, not Dodgers fans. Each team in every professional and college sport have the same type of scumbags masquerading as fans. Further, the statement that a Dodger fan can go to the Phone Booth and feel safe is absolutely NOT true. Over the years I have been verbally abused by drunken louts more times than I can possibly count. Thankfully I have never been physically assaulted, which I'm sure is mostly due to my refusal to take the bait that's being thrown my way.

hi, Rich!

This is DEFINITELY NOT pooping on the thread and I appreciate your level-headedness and well formed response. Would be nice if others followed suit....

I know he was attacked by criminals, not the average Giants fan, but still a sad situation.

Digi and I simply made a generalized (albeit overused) joke post after "someone" posted a pointless meme. What ensued was 100% not me or Digicat's plan at all when posting that. (though I cant speak for him :p )

A Joke at SF and A Joke back at LA.......not sure why it had to turn into what it turned into.

But then again, that's Dodgers fans for you. (OBVIOUS JOKE NO ONE HAVE A XXXXING COW PLEASE)

Seriously though, thanks for coming in with a calm, respectful post.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
SEPTEMBER CALL-UPS!!!!!!

Nick Noonan (IF)
Francisco Peguero (OF)
Juan Perez (OF)
George Kontos (RP)
Jake Dunning (RP)

and getting their first ever call-up:
Ehire Adrianza (SS)
Heath Hembree (RP)
Johnny Monell (C)

Guys not coming up at all:
Dan Runzler (RP) (struggled in Fresno, hasn't been in the majors since last year. I think he's toast)
Eric Surkamp (SP) Org decided to give him the rest of the year off after he rehabed his way back from TJ.
Kensuke Tanaka (IF/OF): I guess the org doesn't have any plans for him. He had decent numbers in Fresno, but he's 32.
Angel Villalona, Edwin Escobar: AA leaguers. Still cooking.

Adrianza: All leather, no wood. He's been on the 40 man roster since 2010, so he's all out of options once this year ends.. This call up is a final "Lets see what he can do" type deal.
Heath Hembree: he's been viewed as the future closer for this team. High 90 heat and a good idea of where it's going.
Johnny Monell: Jacked 20 homers for Fresno this year while hitting .277/.367/.498. I hear he's kind of a brick behind home plate though.

Giants need to DFA 2 guys from the 40 man roster to make room for Hembree and Monell. I'm thinking that Runzler and Tanaka are the unlucky ones.

Last edited:

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Hmm, which one.... 2012 Bowman Platinum Atomic Refractor #/5, or "2011" Playoff (released in 2012) with sticker auto and no logos?

Hembree.jpg

Monell has no major league cards, only minor league ones. Here's his from 2008.

08Monell.jpg

Last edited:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Wow @digicat....imagine if I hadnt made an offer on that Adrianza Rainbow, theres no way he would have given it to me for that price.

I reallllllly loaded up on Ehire. I also picked up some Dunning, Hembree, and Noonan on CoMC

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Dan Runzler and Kensuke Tanaka were both DFA'ed to make room on the 40 man roster for Johnny Monell and Heath Hembree.

Dan Runzler leaves with a pair of World Series rings, having played in the 2010 and 2012 seasons.

I guess this is my last chance to show this card off:

2010 Finest Gold Refractor #/10 (although there are technically 20 of these gold "R" patches)

10runzlerG.jpg

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Sad for Dan Runzler - I was at the game where he made his MLB debut in Milwaukee where I think he is from. He signed for fans after the game!

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Heath Hembree was given uniform #38. No pressure. :)

Adrianza's getting Melky's old #53.

Monell gets Nate's #12.

Last edited:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
And who else is pumped about Hembree? The placement and control, 2Ks 1 IP in his debut!!!

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
He looked awesome last night. Great placement of his pitches even the ones that were called balls. I hope he replaces Casilla.

Casilla's under contract for the next couple of years, so I don't think he'll be going anywhere unless he totally blows up. He's been pretty good this year, though we're probably still traumatized from last year and instinctively cover our eyes when he enters games.

If Hembree beats someone out of a job, it'd be Machi or Kontos.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Casilla's under contract for the next couple of years, so I don't think he'll be going anywhere unless he totally blows up. He's been pretty good this year, though we're probably still traumatized from last year and instinctively cover our eyes when he enters games.

I say, Keep Machi and Kontos, dont Sign Lopez and work hembree into a setup spot for now. I think teams undervalue the significance of having two closer types for the 8th and 9th.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

That's true. I'd like to see Hembree eventually be Casilla's replacement and eventually Romo's replacement.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
That's true. I'd like to see Hembree eventually be Casilla's replacement and eventually Romo's replacement.

Eventually yes....but im 110% okay riding the RomoTrain as long as it stays on track.

Members online

Latest posts