Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pablo Sandoval Signs With the Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Sandoval is going to boston too

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Sandoval has agreement to go to the red sox for 5 years, close to 100M

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Hmmm...conflicting reports.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sandoval’s agent, Gustavo Vasquez, told me same thing he told @alexspeier: No deal with #RedSox . However, @JonHeymanCBS reporting it’s done.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Bosox Sign Hanley & Sandoval

Woah!

There the favorite out of the AL East for sure

And supposedly they are in on Lester....

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
:D
2003-010.jpg

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Sandoval's agent says there is no deal with anyone. Still listening to offers. It is between the Padres, Giants and Red Sox. The Giants reportedly offered 5/95. If they are to sign Lester too, the Redsox will be into luxury tax territory.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Sandoval's agent says there is no deal with anyone. Still listening to offers. It is between the Padres, Giants and Red Sox. The Giants reportedly offered 5/95. If they are to sign Lester too, the Redsox will be into luxury tax territory.

Giant's assistant gm Bobby Evans just said the agent is denying the report

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

Signing Hanley, not sure it makes much sense for the Red Sox especially at comparable money. He should just head back to SF where the fans love him.

WaxPax

So what does Boston do in a few years when you have a bunch of aging DH types on the roster (Ortiz Craig Hanley and Pablo)... Ask the Yankees how that's working out for them now.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I'd love to see them spend $20mm a year on someone worse than Chase Headley.

Is Sandoval the most overrated in the league?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So now that they wasted all this money. They have none left for Lester or Hamel so now they will go sign a bunch of lower tier stop gap types

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'd love to see them spend $20mm a year on someone worse than Chase Headley.

Is Sandoval the most overrated in the league?

He's great in the postseason but many times during the regular season he slumps. A lot of people agree here locally that him leaving isn't the end of the world. He does play great defense when he keeps his weight down

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
LOVE this signing. Sox are not going to contend next year either. Their starting rotation is sub par even if they bring back Lester. The Bullpen is an issue and now they have Sandoval (who is not that good during the year, and I would expect him to not be the same player after getting this huge deal) and they have Ramirez who is always hurt? Looks like its the O's division to lose. Yanks COULD be in it but they need a big bounceback year from Beltran specifically and Tex and CC as well.

As of now here is how I expect the division to shake out (pending whatever FA moves come out of the East)
O's
Yanks
Blue Jays and Sox Tied
Rays

Members online