Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My RAW thoughts...........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
For those of you who don't know. I work the midnight shift. And I very rarely ever get up early to watch RAW before I go into work. So most weeks I just watch RAW on Tuesday mornings when I get off work. While I'm at work I avoid the internet and social media like the plague, because I don't want anything spoiled.

This morning I'm going to do something I have never done before, and I'm 100% positive will not become a regular thing.

While watching RAW I am going to have my computer on my lap, and do a kind of live commentery through the show, with my thoughts on whatever I find interesting. I won't be a match-by-match or segment-by-segment type of review your read on 411mania, just my opinions while watching the program. Read it, don't read it, call me a *******, I don't care. Just doing it for my own amusement.

So here we go................ (I'll separate my talking points with a - at the beginning of the sentence)

-Starting out with the Warrior graphic and the 10 bell salute. Nice. Was that Joey Mercury on stage? VINCE! I was wondering if he would be out there on stage with them. That's a nice surprise. Seems like he hasn't been on TV in a year. I got goosebumps when they played Warrior's RAW speech during the video package. I feel so bad for his little girls. Nattie weeping like a baby. Cody looks pretty broken up too.

-I think I like Sin Cara's pink outfit.

-It's pretty awesome how the entire wrestling community (fans) have bonded together over this whole situation. Changing their FaceBook profile pictures, staying classy, not saying any bad things about him. That I've seen anyway.

-Triple H leading a Warrior chant with fist pumps. Nice.

-8 Man tournament for the number one contender to Big E's Intercontinental championship? I like it. I wish they did things like this more often.

By looking at the participants, I think Cesaro is a shoe-in to win.

-It's always nice to see Rob Van Dam come back. Yeah, he's a spot monkey, but I'm cool with that. The fans completely LOVE him.

Del Rio does absolutely nothing for me. And what's up with his hair?

And where's Ricardo with RVD? Am I the only one that follows continuity?

Nice moonsault into a pinning combination off the second rope/turnbuckle from RVD.

Cole actually referencing the feud between these two, and RVD then leaving. Refreshing.

I see a big spot coming in the Henry vs Cesaro match.

Damn, moonsault off the apron to the floor by RVD and he lands on his feet. Like a boss.

How do the most ****** trashy people get the best seats to WWE events? Do they save up all year long?

RVD's split-legged moonsaut onto ADR's knees looks brutal. Awesome wheel kick to ADR by RVD via ADR jumping off the top rope.

Del Rio is brutal with those head kicks. How many people has he concussed?

Nation of Domination salute by ADR to the crowd. He should bring that back.

I see no reason in having RVD win that match. So he's going to be the one to job to Cesaro to get him to the finals? Would have made more sense to have it be ADR, so he could lose to the hugely over King of Swing.

-Didn't figure Daniel Bryan would be on this RAW.

-All these 'Ultimate Moments', I feel like I just watched them. Oh, wait. I did. I finished the new DVD set yesterday.

-That was a good Toys R Us commercial with Sheamus and Big E.

-Evolution vs The Shield in the works? I like it. Aaaaaaand I spoke too soon. Batista and Orton want no part of it.

-Rhodes Bro's vs RybAxel. Three of the four people in this match probably actually knew Warrior from back in his heyday. I imagine Cody and Axel were in amazement of Warrior backstage when they were kids. Hell, Dustin probably wrestled him several times. Ryback, well, he just sucks.

Cody's on freaking fire during this match. He's all over the place. He's rocking some pretty cool boots. Never noticed them before. Have Goldust's paint silhouette, it looks like.

-This Legend's House looks like it could be really fun, or really really stupid.

-Paige's music is pretty cool. The fans seem to really like her.

How is Alicia Fox still employed?

JBL with the line of the night so far. "Apparently Paige goes to the same tanning salon as Sheamus."

I really think they could doll up Tamina Snuka and give her Alicia Fox's ring gear and announce her as Fox and most fans would have no idea there was a switch.

Paige's finisher is badass. Texas Cloverleaf looking elevated submission. Nice.

-I can really really really not stand Bo Dallas, and I hope he flops, and flops very quickly so he isn't on my television screen very long.

-Uso's rocking some pretty cool face paint this week. Warrior-esque. I am sure they were around Warrior as children as well.

I still can't tell these two Uso's apart. Nice ring shake by one of them though after the suicide dives.

Anyone else notice that Batista is just wearing Air Jordan's instead of wrestling boots since he has been back? And by the way, he is terrible. I wish he hadn't come back.

THE SHIELD! The only way I seen this match ending well. BELIEVE THAT!

SUPERMAN PUNCH by Roman to Batista! Awesome! Roman's going to be a huge fan favorite.

Shield just made themselves Orton and Batista's problem.

I like the backstage segment with Evolution after the break. This should get interesting. Unless the Shield gets buried by Evolution. I hope that isn't the end game.

-I'm still unsure how this Cesaro/Heyman dynamic is going to work. He's clearly over with the crowd, and Heyman is NOT. I am very interested in seeing how it plays out between these two. At this point he can't go full blown Heel, and Heyman's not going Face anytime soon. So, I don't get it.

No entrance music for Cesaro. I hope they come up with something awesome for him. I see a huge swing or bodyslam coming Henry's way in this match.

Where did they find an Ultimate Warrior shirt large enough to fit Mizark?

Cesaro going crazy with these elbows and forearms to Henry. Awesome.

More JBL awesomeness, "Mark Henry blocked every single one of them, with his face."

Cesaro is so strong. Sure, he didn't get Henry all the way up in the Neutralizer, but he was still impressive.

-Brad Maddox should be utilized more as the RAW General Manager.

-I wonder is Lana is really Russian? If not, she does a good fake accent. Or maybe I'm stupid.

This Alexander Rusev won't work. These gimmicks never get over. Vince has tried it time and time again to no avail. I heard good things about him from NXT, but I just don't see the fans caring about him one bit. His matches will be bathroom breaks. If you can go piss in the time that a squash match takes.

It's Morphin' Time for Xavier Woods. Morphing into a Jobber.

Just looked up Lana's Wikipedia. She's American. Consider me naive.

If WWE wanted Rusev to get some heat, they should have paired HIM with Heyman.

-Bigg Hoss on Jack Swagger's warm-up jacket needs to be explained on television.

I didn't think it would be possible to top 'Rusev vs Woods' on my 'I don't give a sh*t about this match' meter, but Swagger vs Sheamus trumps it. I despise Sheamus. He's worse than Alberto Del Rio.

More JBL greatness, "Why you gotta say gingerly? Because Sheamus is in the ring?"

Sheamus wins, so that means Bad News Barrett beats Ziggler in their match later in the show.

-Someone should have painted Warrior's face paint on one of the Wyatt's sheep head masks.

-Poor Leo Kruger. This Adam Rose gimmick is destined to fail. Just looks awful. He's a good wrestler, but this is doomed from the beginning. But I do commend WWE on adding some new blood to the roster.

-This Sandow/Big Show segment is pointless. Useless filler that's never going to go anywhere.

-I am sure Bray Wyatt also knew the Ultimate Warrior since he was a child.

I'm sure Birmingham is TOTAL Wyatt country with all of them hicks down there.

I wonder if Bray comes up with his promos all by himself? Because they are excellent. I never thought he would be any sort of a success when he was Husky Harris.

Another mention of Sister Abigail. It'll be very interesting when that's finally revealed. I think it will be AJ Lee.

I also like that they're using Cena in this way. Not making him the focal point of the show.

Cena busts out a 'Roll Tide' and the fans boo. I love it.

I found that entire LONG promo exhausting and pointless. Yeah, we set up a cage match, but Cole could have done that in 5 seconds.

-I find Emma and Santino entertaining, but it's about time to move on from Fandango.

And I'm glad Summer Ray's not with Fandango anymore. She's just brutal. Bruuuutal.

Not that Layla El is any better though.

I like Emma using Tajiri's Tarantula move.

I'd like to know the last time Layla got a pinfall victory on RAW.

-The Kane/Stephanie segment was awesome. Hopefully he does put the mask back on.

-If you guys noticed during the Hall of Fame ceremony when Bad News Barrett interrupted, while he was cutting his promo, all of the wrestlers were completely cracking up. He seems very popular in the back with the boys.

I think that Barrett will win this match, being as Sheamus won earlier. Digging Ziggler's cut up Ultimate Warrior shirt.

I did not expect a 'This is awesome!' chant from the crowd during this match.

Aaaaaand, BNB wins, as expected.

-I am surprised no wrestler has come out with tassels on their boots or biceps yet.

-With Warrior passing, I can only wonder what kind of tribute CM Punk would have done if he were still around. His Macho Man tights were awesome.

-Really? A masked Kane vignette airing already?

-Well, judging by the time, I am sure that the last segment with The Shield vs ??? isn't going to actually be a match. Time doesn't permit. Yeah, I pay attention to stuff like that. 2:53 into the show as we go into commercial break. 2:57 as we come back, with Shield's entrance through the crowd........

Really digging these face masks that The Shield are wearing.

Alberto? Really? Ugh. Thwagger? Is this a horrible joke? Fandango, 3MB, Titus, RybAxel, Rusev, Barrett.

Shield will prevail against these jobbers.

Tasteless 'obituaries' line via Michael Cole during the match.

I highly doubt there has ever been an 11 on 3 main event on RAW.

Titus just called Roman a b*tch after doing his, whatever it's called. Stupid thing.

It's good to see 3 Man Band finally where they belong. The main event of RAW.

DAMN! Awesome suicide dive by Ambrose to the outside!!!

Wow, Evolution's music hitting was awesome. Didn't see that coming.

I think that HHH shouldn't wrestle though if Evolution is getting back together. I think he should take the Flair role of the group and they should add one up and comer to the group.

Roman sold the RKO well.

I am a huge Shield fan, but I don't have a problem with Evolution 2.0 going over to close the show. It's their re-debut, and it sets up a good rivalry.

Overall, not a bad show at all. A lot to look forward to in WWE these days.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Awful crowd. Evolution re-unites and beat up on The Shield. Good storytelling but crowd could care less

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Evolution got no initial pop whatsoever. The music his and everyone seemed to be looking around like "What's going on?"

Last time they were together was at the RAW 1000th show, and even then it was HHH, Batista and Flair. Orton didn't join them because he was pissed off about how they turned on him.

Before that, last time they were together was what, 2004ish?

Plenty of fans watching today weren't even alive when that was.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Just googled it

It was the 15th Anniversary show, not RAW 1000

so, December 10th, 2007 was the last time they were together

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtCi0q38oYY

I remember watching that.

Honestly, I thought it was awful. I thought it was bad how they were trying to make such a big deal about Evolution like they were the nWo or 4 Horsemen or something. They had just been around not too long before that, and they acted like they hadn't been around in 20 years.

The only cool part of the whole video in my mind was when Edge came out.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Evolution is one of the biggest stables, talent wise, ever.

They definitely weren't the nWo or Horsemen in terms of legacy to the business, but, take into consideration who's in it:

Flair - 16x world champion
HHH - 13x
Batista - 4x
Orton - 8x

41 times those guys have been world champion.

That's impressive as hell.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I waited and waited for a video tribute to the Self-Destruction DVD but, shockingly, it didn't happen.

"He was the most unprofessional guy I've ever been in the ring with" - the same guy trying to lead a Warrior chant.

Oh, well. I guess history has been re-written.

Last edited:

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
I like this thread....I wish you'd do it live.

I'm going to go ape XXXX if I have to see Del Rio, Sheamus, Ryback, and Swagger & Zeb on my TV in what seems like the same boring stuff week after week after week. They just bore the hell out of me. Honestly, Big E is teetering on boring me and I can tell this Rusev guy is going to get there sooner or later. If he didn't have Lana with him, I'd change the channel. She needs to wear tighter clothing. Phenom body!

I like Ceasaro, but the Henry match was boring. It was just a bunch of stupid uppercuts and a half-finisher. Maybe it's more Henry. He always looks like he's struggling to hold in a turd with the scowl on his face. He seems so uninterested in being in the moment. The Heyman/Ceasaro dynamic could be interesting or it could flop. Not sure yet.

When The Shield first came around, I will admit, I wasn't too into them. They are my favorite part of Raw now, along with The Wyatts, Cena (I know, I know, but I appreciate the work he puts in on & off camera), Bryan, and (sometimes) Dolph and Ceasaro.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I waited and waited for a video tribute to the Self-Destruction DVD but, shockingly, it didn't happen.

"He was the most unprofessional guy I've ever been in the ring with" - the same guy trying to lead a Warrior chant.

Oh, well. I guess history has been re-written.

The dvd is almost 10 years old.

A lot changes in 10 years.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
And on a side not, I would speculate McMahon encouraged, maybe even required, that interviewees say negative things about Warrior on the first DVD.

Or things could have been taken out of context. And also, people can say bad things about anyone, doesn't necessarily reflect their true opinions. There are lots of people I care for or love that I could say bad things about, sometimes it's not slander so much as the truth.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Warrior not being a good worker should be the last reason people dislike him

His extreme right-wing beliefs and homophobia are big reasons why I never payed much attention to him.

He did seem to get better before he died though

Members online

Latest posts