Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A-Rod could be facing lifetime ban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
According to CBS Evening News' Jim Axelrod, Alex Rodriguez could be facing a lifetime ban from MLB.
Advice: Ryan Braun was given a 65-game suspension on Monday for his involvement in the Biogenesis PED clinic and reports from ESPN have stated that the evidence against A-Rod is "far beyond" what Major League Baseball investigators had on the Brewers star.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I read that, but it doesn't answer my question. It's a vague statement. ~Did he take larger doses or something.~ I mean, he is involved in the same way as Braun, so a lifetime ban seems extreme compared to 65 games.
Come on man. Of course it's a vague statement. The official documents haven't been released yet.
You know Arod has a documented (and admitted) history with PED use. He confessed to the commissioner to using steroids during his Texas days after going on 60 Minutes saying he never used drugs. Now he's been caught for using PEDs again after he promised never to do it again.
ESPN says Biogenesis has a long detailed list of specific drugs that Arod ordered. Braun's Biogenesis list just had prices.
They're both liers, but ARod is a repeat offender and still continues to deny his latest PED use. (Although I'm sure he'll strike a deal with MLB which includes a confession like Braun.

Last edited:

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I agree with Erich. If he took the PED's like Braun then he should get the same suspension. Just because MLB has more evidence doesn't mean it's any worse than what Braun did, unless he was supplying other players.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Come on man. Of course it's a vague statement. The official documents haven't been released yet.
You know Arod has a documented (and admitted) history with PED use. He confessed to the commissioner to using steroids during his Texas days after going on 60 Minutes saying he never used drugs. Now he's been caught for using PEDs again after he promised never to do it again.
ESPN says Biogenesis has a long detailed list of specific drugs that Arod ordered. Braun's Biogenesis list just had prices.
They're both liers, but ARod is a repeat offender and still continues to deny his latest PED use. (Although I'm sure he'll strike a deal with MLB which includes a confession like Braun.

So it's admittedly vague, but you have inside info or something.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
There is no salary cap in baseball.

Yes, there is, in terms of luxury tax purposes. So in fact his salary completely screws the top limit to what the team can spend in terms of not paying 40% or whatever on the entire payroll in terms of tax. Just like the supposed salary caps in other sports. It's about the overage.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I probably missed something on the Braun story, but can someone explain how it is that he gets a 65 game suspension? I mean what happened to the actual policy of 50/100/lifetime for your first three offenses? Why is it just until the end of the season?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm disappointed that some of the biggest stars are STILL cheating. As much as it would suck to end an historic career like ARod's like this, maybe a lifetime ban is what it would take to set the example for others that blatantly cheating is no longer going to be tolerated in Major League Baseball.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I probably missed something on the Braun story, but can someone explain how it is that he gets a 65 game suspension? I mean what happened to the actual policy of 50/100/lifetime for your first three offenses? Why is it just until the end of the season?

Started as a 50 game, extra time added on (till end of season) for acting like an ass hat and he accepted it

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Started as a 50 game, extra time added on (till end of season) for acting like an ass hat and he accepted it

Thanks. What exactly does acting like an ****** entail? Not accepting consequences or denying allegations altogether or what? Guess I didn't realize that would be a suspendable offense.

Members online

Latest posts