Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roy Firestone says a HUGE name will come out and admit to steroids...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Dale Murphy.
The guilt's been knawing at him all these years and he's confessing that he wasn't a choir boy after all.
His once-incredible career went downhill in the late '80s when the steroid boom began and he took 'roids to regain his past glory.

I don't think it will be a Hall of Fame candidate, because admitting steroid use would kill his chances of being elected.

And it won't be an already-elected Hall of Famer because he would become an outcast among other HOFers and would be shunned at Cooperstown ceremonies.

Of course, I could be totally wrong and it will be Rickey Henderson and I will be devastated.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And I don't see why so many people doubt Rickey used.

I mean, he was teammates with McGwire and Canseco, and he has the body of a 25 year old who IS on steroids. To me he's always been an obvious user, but I know he has his fan base here that love him, and I can see why. I'm not bashing him in any means, but that's my opinion.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Reggie Jackson also trained with Canseco and McGwire on his way out in Oakland.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Reggie Jackson also trained with Canseco and McGwire on his way out in Oakland.

After I was thinking about it tonight, I told a co-worker the same thing. That I bet it's someone like Reggie. What's he got to lose coming out now? He's already in the HOF, and he's nit involved with baseball to my knowledge.

My co-worker thinks it is Chipper Jones. I told him I don't think that for one second. He's going to the Hall of Fame, and he's not going to mess that up for no reason. Unless he did use and someone is going to blow the whistle on it and he wants to get it out before the other person does. I told him I'd give him $20.00 if it's Chipper.

Other names I have heard from co-workers tonight (work midnights) are Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Curt Schilling.

I still think it'll be someone like Jackson. Someone who loves the spotlight (ie Rickey) who has nothing to lose.

Anyway, if this actually DOES happen, I hope two things.

1. That it's a Hall of Famer. Just to see what happens. And all the uproar that would cause.

2. That it's not a Cardinal.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
After I was thinking about it tonight, I told a co-worker the same thing. That I bet it's someone like Reggie. What's he got to lose coming out now? He's already in the HOF, and he's nit involved with baseball to my knowledge.

My co-worker thinks it is Chipper Jones. I told him I don't think that for one second. He's going to the Hall of Fame, and he's not going to mess that up for no reason. Unless he did use and someone is going to blow the whistle on it and he wants to get it out before the other person does. I told him I'd give him $20.00 if it's Chipper.

Other names I have heard from co-workers tonight (work midnights) are Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Curt Schilling.

I still think it'll be someone like Jackson. Someone who loves the spotlight (ie Rickey) who has nothing to lose.

1. That it's a Hall of Famer. Just to see what happens. And all the uproar that would cause.

Remember Canseco hinted at a HOF player he knows for a fact did steroids? IMO

mark-mcgwire-reggie-jackson-jose-canseco-signed-as-8x10-photo-psadna-s00552_164c267edb1ac2705e2eb16ca8b5742b.jpg

A_Pharis

While there was a time I think Junior may have used - I don't think he'd speak up considering his shot at the HoF.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
You guys just like playing that Rickey card - who really knows - not like anyone is going to tarnish their reputation after the fact but my guess would be Cal Ripken Jr. or Nolan Ryan.

Edit - so it won't be an Oriole...so not Ripken Jr.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
You guys just like playing that Rickey card.

It's not 'playing a card'. It's stating the obvious.

I'm not hating on the guy. I just don't know why so many people who collect him are so oblivious to not even acknowledge that it's possible that he used steroids. Many of the typical signs are staring at all of us right in the face. How many people his age have that type of body naturally?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And for the record, I believe that Cal Ripken Jr. DID use some sort of PED's for recovery at some point in his career. Nolan Ryan too.

We'd all be stupid not to at least consider it.

bblair_2002

Aug 12, 2009
Fort Plain,NY
I'll throw in another name. A former teammate of A-Rod and former Yankee....................Randy Johnson. I wouldn't say Rickey or Reggie only because they're too self-centered to ever admit to any kind of wrongdoing and if it's Griffey,many will be heartbroken.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Fergie Jenkins said in an interview a year or so ago that someone used PED's and got in who played in the 80s/90s. He wouldn't elaborate on who it was.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
If it is really a "huge name" (and this could also be blown up because, well, people like to exaggerate) my guesses would be Jackson, Henderson, and possibly Rice though I wouldn't put him in as big of a deal as Jackson or Henderson. Rice played with Fergie Jenkins (mentioned above by swish54_99) for a couple of years in Boston as well which would give him some actual insight.

Anyway, just ramblings/guesses.