Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTB * PayPal for KEN GRIFFEY JR 90's insert/parallel/refractor/diecut/#'d stuff or Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Just in case anyone is hesitant, I was involved in a higher end trade with Brandon (BCarlson) and can't speak highly enough of him. He is extremely fair in price estimates (on both sides) quick/safe with shipping, and extremely patient and cordial when the other party involved (ie myself) made a mistake that ended up taking weeks to fix (again, 100% my fault.)

I wish all trading/selling/buying partners possessed his skill set.

bcarlson33

Nov 14, 2014
Too bad you missed Magicpapa's Curio pics..

I'm sure he probably still has them.. :)

I have seen them and had to wear an adult bib while viewing those beauties!

Just in case anyone is hesitant, I was involved in a higher end trade with Brandon (BCarlson) and can't speak highly enough of him. He is extremely fair in price estimates (on both sides) quick/safe with shipping, and extremely patient and cordial when the other party involved (ie myself) made a mistake that ended up taking weeks to fix (again, 100% my fault.)

I wish all trading/selling/buying partners possessed his skill set.

Appreciate it! Let me know if you have more griffeys fs

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
interested in a /10 auto?
2007sweetspotglove.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I have lotso 90's Stuff, just none for sale right now
inserts.jpg

90scurio5x.jpg

Last edited:

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
anyone interested in this Griffey? i know it's from 2000, but tough ones to find...

if so, let me know. Odds are 1:60 and it's a 440 card set to quite rare.

GriffeyJrKen_2000BowmanChromeRetroFutureRefractors_PSA10.jpg

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I will just say what I assume most are thinking and help you out because you are unable to have much luck here. Not trying to be difficult, just informative. The Griffey people on this thread are an educated bunch of folks, most have good hearts and are willing to help out fellow collectors. But, they will not part with their stuff cheaply, unless you scratch their backs also and all is win/win. You may want to offer to offer hard to get Griffey cards in return. Welcome to the site, but this is not a place to pick up Griffeys cheaply. Very nice, willing to help folks but they are educated folks.

I found this an interesting statement, only because OP says that he was referred here by Joey-P…. Isn't Joey the one who lists his Griffey's on ebay for exorbitant amounts of money?? Anyway, good luck on your Griffey Search OP. There ares some great people here

Last edited:

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I found this an interesting statement, only because OP says that he was referred here by Joey-P…. Isn't Joey the one who lists his Griffey's on ebay for exorbitant amounts of money?? Anyway, good luck on your Griffey Search OP. There ares some great people here

That would not be me, but thanks for doing research before using my name. While I hate blowout because it's 99% haters, they at least are all detectives lol.

I actually sell 90% of my stuff at auction so I don't have to deal with the "well the last one sold for" conversation and the fact I know I will get top dollar + for properly run auctions on my hard to find stuff

Last edited:

bcarlson33

Nov 14, 2014
I have done multiple deals with joey and he is a great member and easy to deal with

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
We're you interested in the 2000 BC retro/future refractor? Sent you a PM with price but never heard back either way from you. LMK

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
That would not be me, but thanks for doing research before using my name. While I hate blowout because it's 99% haters, they at least are all detectives lol.

I actually sell 90% of my stuff at auction so I don't have to deal with the "well the last one sold for" conversation and the fact I know I will get top dollar + for properly run auctions on my hard to find stuff

I just came back to this thread and saw this. My Bad JP. A little more research on my part would have helped. I mis-spoke. My apologies, wasn't trying to be a hater but after reading my post it did come across a tad harsh and not my intention.

On another note does anyone know if Griffeyfan24 is a also 1990's card collector? If so why did he change is name?
[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I just came back to this thread and saw this. My Bad JP. A little more research on my part would have helped. I mis-spoke. My apologies, wasn't trying to be a hater but after reading my post it did come across a tad harsh and not my intention.

On another note does anyone know if Griffeyfan24 is a also 1990's card collector? If so why did he change is name?
[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

Yes, it's the same guy. Not sure why he changed names. His collection is almost as insane as most of his prices, but he's a nice enough guy. I actually did work out a deal with him for the one on the right for a reasonable price:

565B9FEA-E919-484B-A327-741F88CD4C42_zps5tfqkflt.jpg

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014

All of Joey Peapod's ebay auctions start at 99 cents with no reserve. So if they sell for "exorbitant" amounts, it's because the market dictates it. But I think you are confusing Joe with "GriffeyWhateverFan24" who is now "1990sCardCollector" or something similar.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
All of Joey Peapod's ebay auctions start at 99 cents with no reserve. So if they sell for "exorbitant" amounts, it's because the market dictates it. But I think you are confusing Joe with "GriffeyWhateverFan24" who is now "1990sCardCollector" or something similar.

I was, which is why I feel bad. The comparison was unwarranted which is why I am apologizing.

As for why the OP changed his name IDK, but as highly priced as his stuff is it is amazing how much stuff he has sold at a crazy premium. I figure when he lists a card for $3,000, then puts a "sale" price at 75% off and lists at $750, people think they are getting a deal?

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I was, which is why I feel bad. The comparison was unwarranted which is why I am apologizing.

As for why the OP changed his name IDK, but as highly priced as his stuff is it is amazing how much stuff he has sold at a crazy premium. I figure when he lists a card for $3,000, then puts a "sale" price at 75% off and lists at $750, people think they are getting a deal?

It's all good. Appreciate the response. I'm not a fan of his a, being compared to him makes me irate! lol. If you actually research his sales, he doesn't actually sell much. A couple big ticket items that "sold" ended back up for sale.

He has another name he buys called pileofnotes. I've blocked all his names. I refuse to let my cards be on permanent display. What Griffey90sguy and vintagesnowmobiles don't get is they are essentially watering down the rarity of these rare cards. Now they are always "available". The man refractor is a semi tough card to find now it's forever on display unless you want to pay a premium. He's actually got a 98 spx /100 that's rare and priced well but he just made it overpriced and not rare by him selling it.

Members online