Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Geez, I hate when life takes over and I can't visit the MT like I used to... so hello back to all of you who saluted me earlier this morning :D

I did follow the hockey game this morning, definitely expected more from Subban but he was kind of left helpless in the first period...

On the baseball card front, if anyone listens to Cardboard Connection Radio, Mark Sapir from Topps was on last night, and hinted at a few of the autos to be featured in 2013 Allen & Ginter... and yours truly has been confirmed!! Ryan and Frank will also be featured on the regular base card. Very exciting!!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] [MENTION=3848]TBTwinsFan[/MENTION]

Here's the scan I promised (mine is on the left). I remembered [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] has one as well. His scan is on the right.

1997_crown_pro_chicago_cubs_teamwork_stickers.png
97CROWNPRO.jpg

A_Pharis

You know. I am all for speculation, but this Heroes of Sport thing is a good example of how the collecting communityjumps the guns to knock something out as a scam... yet, the real scammers always seem to get one over (Haiku). HoS is a legitimate business. If you look them up, they have been doing auctions/buying and have had web presence since 2010. The product may suck, but it's the first shot at something by a company with no licensing and no distribution. Hell, look at all of those "Greatest Card Chase" releases you see in Wal-Mart... no one is yelling SCAM at them. It's basically the same thing.

Some company is out there with a TON of low end stuff and a bit of SUPER HIGH END (that normal collectors cannot afford - see Ruth bat), and they put it into a product that gives everyone a shot at it at the risk of getting 10% your investment in return. How is hat different from th emajority of products out there?

It cracks me up that, without even letting the damn page finish publishing the finalized contact info, people are like OMG THIS IS 100% SCAM AND BOOMO IS IN ON IT.... but Haiku giving away $2k+ items for free had people chomping at the bits to get it.

A_Pharis

Geez, I hate when life takes over and I can't visit the MT like I used to... so hello back to all of you who saluted me earlier this morning :D

I did follow the hockey game this morning, definitely expected more from Subban but he was kind of left helpless in the first period...

On the baseball card front, if anyone listens to Cardboard Connection Radio, Mark Sapir from Topps was on last night, and hinted at a few of the autos to be featured in 2013 Allen & Ginter... and yours truly has been confirmed!! Ryan and Frank will also be featured on the regular base card. Very exciting!!

I am assuming you'll do TTM? And I'm serious.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Hmmm this is interesting! This is def the card/sticker... do you see it reflected on beckett.com for player checklists, etc.?

It's been a while since I've checked to see if Beckett has added anything, but it wasn't the last time I looked.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Thanks for sharing!

A very interesting scenario in deed.

I missed the conversation on these. What's the original question? Beckett does list 1997 Crown Pro Stickers for football, but not for baseball. The football look just like the baseball, and had a 12 player checklist. I'm sure they'd add the baseball if you sent a checklist and scan.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Adam, it's a herd mentality on these message boards. If one in the clique has an opinion, the rest follow. But it is more extremely prevalent on the BO board, not as bad here.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Afternoon gents. Work has been disgustingly slow the last few days, so I was only able to put in three hours today. I don't mind having more time at home, but too much of this really hurts the paycheck. I average about 90 hours a pay period and was only able to bank 68 for the last one. :benson:

Anyway, nice 5 card mailday today for me. All /199. It's my second auto and a total of 14 of the blue refractors now.
IMAG0209_zpsa60b8570-1_zpsca578d0c.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I missed the conversation on these. What's the original question? Beckett does list 1997 Crown Pro Stickers for football, but not for baseball. The football look just like the baseball, and had a 12 player checklist. I'm sure they'd add the baseball if you sent a checklist and scan.
@MansGame had picked up an Albert Belle sticker but had no clue what it was. I did some searching and came across a site that was run by @thelesquad that had a similar card on a collection list. He saw our conversation and said he would send me some scans.

This happened probably a week ago or so.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Adam, it's a herd mentality on these message boards. If one in the clique has an opinion, the rest follow. But it is more extremely prevalent on the BO board, not as bad here.

I don't have the desire to read through the entire Boomo thread, but this sounds about right for most any situation. Many online witch hunts today would make the Puritans blush...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts