Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is There a Price Tag for Your Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I went back and forth with this for a bit then sold mostly everything I had while the market was high.. my focus and priorities as I get older have changed nobody in my family was going to want this stuff so why not get out while the gettin was good right? I'd let the last 900 or so items go for like $250 shipped just to have it all gone.

Going OT: Maybe I'm wrong but did you used to have a Orange Mustang? I used to live in Marion and swear I saw you around a few times.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Yes. Cards are made of cardboard and feature wood and cloth used by regular men. The value will eventually erode as faith in sports fails.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I would. But, it would need to be a one shot deal. My price, I have in mind. But I don't think anyone would pay it. It's not outrageous and you'd probably even out or make an extra 15%. Problem is, nobody is going to offer that. The other problem is, when you guys talk about x2 or x4 the value of your collection, I find it hard to know what the value really is. What you paid might be irrelevant and unless it's a pretty solid and steady batch of cards, it might be hard to get these values. I've got cards that don't sell too often(too low numbered) but that are desirable. One time you see them and they go for well over $100. The next time they go for maybe $60 or less. Now you wait for a while, hold onto that same card, and it may go for more than $100 the next time around. The problem with cards now IMO is there are packs of collectors for every player.

Bagwell is a great example. There are a handful of folks going after the higher end stuff. Yet, you get one or two of us out of the mix due to financial reasons or the time of yaer, or other reasons and it's very unpredictable. A while back a guy was selling off his collection and every dang auto he had went for over $100. Some were really outrageous(I.E., a lot more than $100). Cards /50, /25, /15, /10, /5 and so on. And then another batch pops up from a different seller and it was as tame as cattle grazing in a pasture. Not even sure anything went for close to $100. And, unless I've been missing things quite frequently, some of these I've never even seen before. Meaning there had to be some people who needed them. So....what I'm getting at is the value of my cards or anyone's for that matter don't even seem to necessarily be worth what people do pay for them. I think with ebay, or any other format, it's how much competition you face that really matters in the price.

Not sure any of that made sense to you guys. Hopefully it did. I just don't think anyone really knows what anything is really worth. Kinda hard to put a x4 multiplier on that....

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Everything has a price

daffy.jpg

Members online