Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever looked up a potential scammers fb and could tell he was a scammer by his face?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
This is the only time his has happened after about 300 pwe sales in well over 10 years. Do the math. I was also referring to getting your moderator status looked into. Not my scammer situation.

You should probably read on the forum more often. Then you might actually know who the three guys are, that run the place.

Based he'd on the pic in your avatar (assuming that's you, fist of fury and all (from your sig)) you could be presumed to sit in your moms basement, getting stoned and stealing benchwarmer cards. Just my impression, from your avatar.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
No particular reason. I've also never had a non paying bidder, though.

Regardless if this bidder intended to not pay/scam, you sent an item not paid for. Is it unfair he did not pay? Of course! But you had full control to not put yourself into that position by waiting for payment before sending. That is a kind gesture for you to do, but you can't let the trust of others you work with give you the same trust with others you have not worked with.

On a side note, how do looks even matter into saying someone is a scammer? Hell, Kate Upton could become a collector, be in this exact same scenario where she scams someone that sends first before payment, and there would be no thread created or though about that she must be a scammer based on what she looks like.

I had a different card from the same set sent back today with postage due. PWE and thick cards. The post office lady undercharged my girlfriend. Both cards were shipped around the same time at the end of september. I may or may not have used a pwe sending his thick auto/jsy/rc card. I honestly dont remember. Im not 100 percent sure this dude scammed me anymore.

Last edited:

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I had a different card from the same set sent back today with postage due. PWE and thick cards. The post office lady undercharged my girlfriend. Both cards were shipped around the same time at the end of september. I may or may not have used a pwe sending his thick auto/jsy/rc card. I honestly dont remember. Im not 100 percent sure this dude scammed me anymore.

Really? After all the "I could tell by looking at him that he was a scammer" drama the real truth is that you lack the ability to competently mail a package.

This is pretty sad.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Regardless of how stupid this whole thing was, atleast he told the truth as he got potential info and admitted he may have been wrong.. Would've been easy to continue or disappear from the thread.

If nothing else, props for that.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I had the exact same situation the first poster had! As soon as I saw his Facebook profile pic I realized he bought the card not for collecting purposes but for making lines of cocaine! I refunded his $5.00 immediately and donated another $100 to get him enrolled in drug rehab.

EDIT: Update! Card was returned to me with major side and corner damage, and a fine white powder all over it.

IFWT_Poop5.jpg

Here's a pic of the card I sent him before it was returned:

tumblr_ly41f92GdR1qzg2zmo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Really? After all the "I could tell by looking at him that he was a scammer" drama the real truth is that you lack the ability to competently mail a package.

This is pretty sad.

The internet allows people to jump to conclusions and potentially ruin the reputation of someone without any real proof. At least have something more than his picture to try and make a case.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
The internet allows people to jump to conclusions and potentially ruin the reputation of someone without any real proof. At least have something more than his picture to try and make a case.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I could not agree more. Irresponsible thread and posts from the OP.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Regardless of how stupid this whole thing was, atleast he told the truth as he got potential info and admitted he may have been wrong.. Would've been easy to continue or disappear from the thread.

If nothing else, props for that.

i woudln't give him any credit....even now when he "comes clean" , he still has to shirk and blame....note he threw in the comment about the post office undercharged his girlfriend...not him...but someone else....so he's now shifted the blame from the obvious scammer to either his girl or the postal employee.....not sure which , but he obviously feels one or both of them is incompetent....

and the sad thing is all that could have been avoided had this experienced seller actually shipped a thick card properly....

i woudln't give him any credit....even now when he "comes clean" , he still has to shirk and blame....note he threw in the comment about the post office undercharged his girlfriend...not him...but someone else....so he's now shifted the blame from the obvious scammer to either his girl or the postal employee.....not sure which , but he obviously feels one or both of them is incompetent....

and the sad thing is all that could have been avoided had this experienced seller actually shipped a thick card properly....

It is technically the post office workers fault for selling my girlfriend a 70 cent stamp on a package. It is also my fault for not knowing this could happen. I always thought I was safe from lack of shipping charges as long as the transaction went through a cashier at the post office.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
new/duplicate account ??

also , as an "experienced" seller with "300 pwe sales in well over 10 years" , OP should at least be aware of the postal rules and regulations....along with rate changes , the usps frequently updates their policies and they post these changes far ahead (usually 2-3 months if not longer) of their implementation......rigid items are not supposed to be sent in pwe's anymore....i've actually seen a postal employee take an envelope and literally bend it in half to see if was considered rigid when the customer wanted to send it as a standard one-ounce letter.....i won't even get into the whole thing about trying to ship thick cards in a pwe....

also , i can't speak for everyone , but if i'm selling something , i either ship the item myself of AT LEAST make sure the person shipping it DOES know the rules.....the old "sorry , my girlfriend got hosed by a stupid postal worker" excuse is pretty lame

Last edited:

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
It is technically the post office workers fault for selling my girlfriend a 70 cent stamp on a package. It is also my fault for not knowing this could happen. I always thought I was safe from lack of shipping charges as long as the transaction went through a cashier at the post office.

Forget which ID you're logged in on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online