Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dec Night Crew- Decade Review!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Well, I got it. Ending price was a bit higher than I thought it would be, but I've never seen one before, so I just went for it. I think I was going against a set builder, not another Alomar collector. That set is pretty awesome. Just gorgeous cards.

View attachment 95012

Yep I think set collectors get stupid on those. A Belle /18 came up maybe 4 or so years ago and i don’t think I’ve ever seen bidding like that on a Belle card.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, the first time I read your post I was pretty tired and on my way to bed. But then I read it again just now and saw how you "fixed" my quote. It made me laugh out loud. If the Haste and Wood of Stan ever start shilling me, that will pretty much break what's left of my faith in humanity...

Quote fixed.... :lol: and congrats man.

Essential indeed!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah, it was pretty obvious I guess. Glad I didn't give any bad ideas to trolling shillers by tipping my hand there. I really think the second bid was a set builder. And I can see why. If I had unlimited $ I'd think about pursuing this set and the "now" one too.

That was my first guess when I saw it as I scrolled through on my poaching search

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, the first time I read your post I was pretty tired and on my way to bed. But then I read it again just now and saw how you "fixed" my quote. It made me laugh out loud. If the Haste and Wood of Stan ever start shilling me, that will pretty much break what's left of my faith in humanity...

I used to change quotes a lot as a joke but forgot to in a while since I think nobody was noticing.

Who knows who the true card vultures are around here, but I will pretend I'm buying when it comes time to sell, so I use their power against them! :)

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
At least Alomar is in the better of the 4 sets, so you could gamble and maybe find something nice. :)
(I am 0/3 with 3 strikeouts in my box openings, also known as the Zunino Supreme)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
It looks like Fred2 Porcello3 could become a Met.... your thoughts [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So I just missed a 1999 card #/100, which I needed, and was listed at $5 delivered. After I saw it I waited about 30 seconds to hit the BIN button...and it was gone. Not sure that's ever happened to me before. I've hesitated on cards and lost them, but never in the span of 30 seconds. Damn. I'm going to bed.

:benson:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So I just missed a 1999 card #/100, which I needed, and was listed at $5 delivered. After I saw it I waited about 30 seconds to hit the BIN button...and it was gone. Not sure that's ever happened to me before. I've hesitated on cards and lost them, but never in the span of 30 seconds. Damn. I'm going to bed.

Sorry, same thing happened to me this week. I'm trying to lower the irritation by presuming it was too good to be true, but I fcked up. ::facepalm::

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc

i have almost ONE MILLION cards many junk years some # , sorted by team and most alpha order . thinning down inventory for Christmas = teams bags for local schools so always sorting

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
You know what really grinds my gears!? When I'm at work, you know that thing that allows me to piss away money on this hobby...work, and I get distracted at the end of an auction. I took out my phone in a moment of panic just to get my app opened to see the red seconds timer go 2...1...ended. granted it was a 2019 card #/10 so I'll probably see another fairly soon but it ended at a sweetheart price.
That is what is currently grinding my gears.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXFuBuG03TU

You know what really grinds my gears!? When I'm at work, you know that thing that allows me to piss away money on this hobby...work, and I get distracted at the end of an auction. I took out my phone in a moment of panic just to get my app opened to see the red seconds timer go 2...1...ended. granted it was a 2019 card #/10 so I'll probably see another fairly soon but it ended at a sweetheart price.
That is what is currently grinding my gears.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Although I love the name, don’t think I’d like the move

I would like to see him go to a team that either has a pitchers park or a good defense.

Fred Fred's first team had a terrible D and second team had rough park. The Mariners sadly would make a lot of sense, but lets not get our hopes up.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Marlins change their park and bring in the fences 12ft. Pathetic! They trade away their 3 young power hitters to save $$, then realize that HR still need to be inflated. :rolleyes:

....and because they think its 1982, they are also adding artificial turf.

Members online

Latest posts