Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yadier Molina........I've been telling you.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake9494

Jun 8, 2009
Molina is the best catcher in baseball and is phenomenal, but I wouldn't necessarily say he is on track to win the mvp award this season. He should get consideration but Troy Tulowitzki is my pick, and I think most people would choose either Tulo, Goldschmidt, or Carlos Gonzalez right now. I would say for my top 8:

1. Tulo
2. Goldschmidt
3. Carlos Gomez
4. David Wright
5. Carlos Gonzalez
6. Jean Segura
7. Yadier Molina
8. Joey Votto

Wow that was hard, I feel like all of these guys could flip around in pretty much any spot in the top 8 and I wouldn't really have a huge problem with it.

Just remember what posey did the second half last year...

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Okay, for YEARS here, and before on BMB I have been preaching about how great of a BASEBALL PLAYER Yadi is, and all I have heard is how he can't hit, and he is only a valuable commodity behind the plate. Even after his long ball heroics in the 2006 NLCS. It's always been said that McCann is better, Posey is better, etc. well my friends, after these last few seasons, I hope your tune has changed. Yadi should have won the MVP award last season. He is on the track to win it this season, and he is the favorite right now. Last week Yadi was trailing Posey by like 64,000 votes at catcher for the ASG. Today Yadi leads the ENTIRE National League in votes. 2 time World Series Champion. 2 time Platinum Glove winner. Multiple time Gold Glove winner. Multiple time All Star.

http://www.bnd.com/2013/06/20/2663989/can-yadier-molina-get-any-better.htmlYadi's

Yadi's a beast, and he's proving all his 'defense only' doubters wrong.
I'm confused. Are you saying that his performance in 2013 says something about how good he was in 2006?

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
While Molina is very good, I'll take Posey over any catcher in the league on my team any day of the week. Not even close in my book.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
While Molina is very good, I'll take Posey over any catcher in the league on my team any day of the week. Not even close in my book.

Aside from the 'not even close' part, I agree...

Posey has that certain something, a intangible 'winner' aura about him that simply transcends statistics.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
For some reason, this hasn't been posted

YadierMolina2.jpg

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
My pick would be Yadi all day. While you make offensive arguments i would put him in the hall right now
for his defensive skills. Sadly those numbers are not even considered when it comes to the HOF. (If I am wrong
please lmk) All the catchers in the hall are there for mostly offensive numbers. The defensive game is something
that did not begin to be recognized until maybe 5 to 7 years ago.

CFD1415

Jun 7, 2013
Mocksville, NC
My pick would be Yadi all day. While you make offensive arguments i would put him in the hall right now
for his defensive skills. Sadly those numbers are not even considered when it comes to the HOF. (If I am wrong
please lmk) All the catchers in the hall are there for mostly offensive numbers. The defensive game is something
Even Though They Played Different Positions Ozzie Smith Made The Hall With His Defense Not His Offense

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

Johnny Bench. That's the answer to your equation. Yes, he had great offensive numbers for a catcher, but he is still considered one of the greatest defensive catchers to have ever played. That was much longer than 5-7 years ago.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
for his defensive skills
. Sadly those numbers are not even considered when it comes to the HOF. (If I am wrong

Yeah, then to be consistent (since defense is all you're talking about) you'd need to throw in his current manager as well as Tom Pagnozzi. Good luck with that.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

Berra, Campanella, Bench and Carter were great defensive catchers. They could also hit too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts