Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 28, 2018
Oakland, CA
I'm really looking forward to seeing if pack-fresh cards are dinged up out the pack, or if all the imperfections like surface issues and flaking something that happens from being handled. This is very exciting!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Rich - I'm in for Robbie Alomar. But I am having trouble accessing paypal from the fraud capitol of the world where I currently live. But I promise promise promise to pay up.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I'm really looking forward to seeing if pack-fresh cards are dinged up out the pack, or if all the imperfections like surface issues and flaking something that happens from being handled. This is very exciting!

Pack pulled ones had imperfections. Some patterns worse than others. Some were spotty, some had small scratches. (From packs I opened back in the day)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=8009]rinkrat38[/MENTION] - now that most the stars are spoken for, would you consider 3 for $10 on what's left? If so - I'd send $10 additional paypal for Sosa, Wood and Piazza. No problem though if you need to stick to $5 each. Just thought I'd offer.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=8009]rinkrat38[/MENTION] - now that most the stars are spoken for, would you consider 3 for $10 on what's left? If so - I'd send $10 additional paypal for Sosa, Wood and Piazza. No problem though if you need to stick to $5 each. Just thought I'd offer.

I don't want to jam up the entire thread on this topic but I was going to ask something similar. Do you think we should start a thread just for this break? I, too, would be interested in additional players, mostly the Indians like ManRam, Thome, Lofton, etc. Open to discussing, not sure if [MENTION=8009]rinkrat38[/MENTION] is looking to fill every spot before breaking or what he wants to do. Happy to help out. I am also interested in watching the break if possible. Cheer, Mac

Dec 4, 2008
Figured I would give some of the PC guys a chance to get theirs, but since there were no takers please count me in for Cal Ripken, Mike Mussina, and Juan Gonzalez too. Just paid. Thanks!

Dec 4, 2008
Juan Gonzalez has been taken by me 3 days ago. The list was up-dated on page 301

My fault! Was hoping one of you Juan gone guys would take it!

Rich - please switch my mistaken Juan Gone selection to the ever popular and handsome #18 Dave Justice (Ripken, Mussina, Justice)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I hate to break up all the break talk but I had this little guy waiting for me when I got home...
IMG_20190128_185404.jpg

And in an irritating way it came with a bonus, the seller originally sent me a base pattern...that I needed...but quickly corrected the error and mailed the right one and didn't ask me to send the other one back, even when I asked.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
As Robbie (nosterbor) noted above, I have been updating my list on p. 301 to show who signed up for what player slot. Please check before selecting or paying for another slot (over 60 are stlll available!). This isn't an instant update but I will try to update ASAP through Tuesday Feb 5th. Lot of emails, PMs that I thought I answered in advance (but guess I didn't answer all the potential questions). I've tried to keep this as simple as possible. No draft, no limit on the number of player slots. Only one payment of $3.50 for postage, but I would like you to do a $5.00 PayPal payment for the slot (PayPal gift is appreciated) and postage. If you can't pay immediately, I will put you in for the slot (within reason) until someone else wants it or until days have gone by without payment. I will be doing the break on Wed. Feb 6th as early in the day as I can, and posting on p.301 the patterns of the diffractors drawn. I going to do the best I can addressing envelopes and getting cards out ASAP so do not expect a list of the base patterns drawn. Believe me, I'm not doing this to make money or cheat someone! I finished collecting the set of 8100 base cards fifteen years ago. I have over 3600 diffractor patterns. If someone draws a diffractor pattern I need, I may offer a no obligation trade, and a trade in your favor. Sorry, I don't have the time, know-how, or equipment to record myself opening packs and televising the result.

Rich

Members online

No members online now.