Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hanley Ramirez Signs With the Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wonder what this means for Bogaerts, especially if they sign Panda as well.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: Hanley Ramirez headed to Boston tomorrow to finalize deal with #RedSox. Sources say Hanley’s deal with #RedSox will be in range of five years, $90M.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Even at his current production level, it seems like a solid signing. I would love to see him slim down and get some of his legs back. Think he demands to play at SS?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I like this, and I don't think it means anything for Bogaerts. No chance IMO that Hanley touches SS. He's either at 3B with no Sandoval signing, or LF with one, with the eventual move to 1B when Napoli is done

His agent already said he's willing to move from SS

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
He's had a heckuva last year and a half since getting healthy.

And IMO, it's kinda cool to see him "return" there...

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Wow.

If Panda signs too, the Sox' lineup is going to be absolutely insane.

Why would Lester not come back in such a case? He'd be an idiot not to.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I really like this signing...I wish we had never traded Hanley in the first place but it did help us win a couple WS. I'm going to assume he bats 3rd in the lineup?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
:p
2003-074.jpg

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Sweet Tribute card there. It is interesting that he is returning to the team with which he had his RC autos. That doesn't happen very often and has to make those bad boys a hot seller right now.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
LOL. This is a poor signing. Why are people loving it? Hanley is almost always injured and is going to play very similar defense to Manny out in the OF (which was awful). Putting him in the OF is going to be a liability. Didn't the Sox learn from last time they went out and spent? Expect a 3rd or 4th place finish from these guys. Can't win without pitching the Sox needed Rotation help, not offense help.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
LOL. This is a poor signing. Why are people loving it? Hanley is almost always injured and is going to play very similar defense to Manny out in the OF (which was awful). Putting him in the OF is going to be a liability. Didn't the Sox learn from last time they went out and spent? Expect a 3rd or 4th place finish from these guys. Can't win without pitching the Sox needed Rotation help, not offense help.

Ah yes a Yankeee fan that knows everything and has everything figured out.
I highly doubt the Red Sox are done with all their off season moves the week of Thanksgiving.
And for the record, yes they need offense as well as pitching.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
good move for the Red Sox if they have an equivalent bat/fielder to sub for hanley for all the time he's going to be hurt or underperforming. I'm glad the Dodgers didn't re-sign him from free agency because I think the last 2 seasons have been disappointing with regards to Hanley.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Ah yes a Yankeee fan that knows everything and has everything figured out.
I highly doubt the Red Sox are done with all their off season moves the week of Thanksgiving.
And for the record, yes they need offense as well as pitching.

Hanley will spend time on the DL. Almost guaranteed. Him in the OF is an extreme liability. You don't see that? The Red Sox clearly didn't learn from (Crawford and Gonzo) or from the Yankees spending last year (Beltran, Els, McCann, Tanaka). Their pitching prospects are not great. A bunch of 4-5 starters (Maybe one or two make it to a 3 starter spot). I for one and glad I am not spending on Hanley and Sandoval. I would rather have Els and McCann than Hanley and Sandoval and they have similar deals albeit Els is a year or two longer but similar AAV. Plus the Hanely deal is 4 for 88 with a fifth year at 22 vesting. That makes it 5 years 110. A lot of money for someone always injured. IMO Yanks are better positioned than the Sox and I am much happier with their roster.

People think the Yanks have such a poor farm system. Take a look at it more indepth. It is middle of the pack with room to go up.

I will love seeing the Sox in third after spending all this money in FA.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Yeah I know, we have never won a World Series with Manny in LF ::rollseyes::

Why are you assuming we are not going to sign and/or trade for any starting pitchers? Are you really that dense?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I have the same card, though mine is raw. I actually prefer it to the BC auto but to each their own. That is from when Topps Tribute was done right, IMO.

That is a beautiful card.Loved Topps Tribute from that year.Has Ramirez played any OF on a regular basis?

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
That is a beautiful card.Loved Topps Tribute from that year.Has Ramirez played any OF on a regular basis?
Nope but he told the Red Sox he'd be willing to play there if he needs to. I imagine he will still get some playing time at 3rd and SS but as of right now he is our LFer....which means we will have to trade at least two of the ones we currently have on the roster.

Members online

Latest posts