Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's Break - we're full!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
We need to settle on top 30 spots/players because that’s important. I mean some people have specific players. Might be worth to add and just make it that easy. Your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I've gone through everyone's suggestions and updated the first post with 31 players.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Sounds like we may want to add slots with confirmed names in the original post and then figure price and denote who has paid. Might make visualizing this a bit easier.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Sounds like we may want to add slots with confirmed names in the original post and then figure price and denote who has paid. Might make visualizing this a bit easier.

That's all coming once the products are finalized. We'll have a buy-in, "claim your # of slots" period until the break fills. I don't imagine it will take long.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I opened a box of 1999 Fleer Tradition about 4 years ago and most of the cards were stuck together. Not saying you should avoid it, but I wouldn’t go heavy on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Find me a box from the 90s where this isn’t the case haha... just ripped some 94 UD and some other later 90s cards and they’re all the same

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Yah, I get tempted to buy cheap '90s boxes all the time at the card shop. Then I remember that the cards always stick together and are ruined. I'd hate to pull a valuable insert and have the gloss stuck to another card.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I opened a box of 1999 Fleer Tradition about 4 years ago and most of the cards were stuck together. Not saying you should avoid it, but I wouldn’t go heavy on it.
Hmm, is this something that we should think about? High gloss product from the 90's that didn't have a protective coating could be a potential disaster for the entire break.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Hmm, is this something that we should think about? High gloss product from the 90's that didn't have a protective coating could be a potential disaster for the entire break.

When opening packs that are 20+ years old, you’re going to encounter this. Should not be any surprise. Just my two cents.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
To lessen the cost a tiny bit, I’d like to move out one of the 1998 E/X 2001 boxes and add a 1999 Fleer Brilliants box (24k gold inserts!). I will post the link a little later when I’m not on my phone.

Later today, I will tally up those who have requested a slot (I’m in for 2 myself) and get that going.

You guys have been great so far in helping get this off the ground. Happy Labor Day weekend!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The EX boxes just went discounted to $297, so that’s $30 off original price. Not bad now.

Too bad we couldn’t get that Tek box. That would have been awesome.

Lastly, before we draft we need to make sure the rules for multi player cards is determined for who gets it. I’d say it either a random for who gets it or it’s player closest to top left?

Same for like any older cards m/players like Jackie Robison or Babe Ruth... is it AL or NL for the time the player is pictured?

Looking forward to this!

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
The EX boxes just went discounted to $297, so that’s $30 off original price. Not bad now.

Too bad we couldn’t get that Tek box. That would have been awesome.

Lastly, before we draft we need to make sure the rules for multi player cards is determined for who gets it. I’d say it either a random for who gets it or it’s player closest to top left?

Same for like any older cards m/players like Jackie Robison or Babe Ruth... is it AL or NL for the time the player is pictured?

Looking forward to this!

First post was updated with that sometime yesterday. And yes - any player without a dedicated slot goes to the AL/NL slots.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
So maybe I can’t read but what happens to the other players we don’t draft? Like I want 2 players not even listed If I don’t get griffey, so do I need to buy 3 spots or try and draft a team?

I’ve opened like 20 different products the past couple months and the only condition issues I’ve had was a tin of 98 preferred. All corners came out dinged otherwise no stick issues.

I think you can get the 98 EX for around $200, I feel like that’s the biggest possible reward and should be included. There aren’t any 10k+ cards in brilliants.

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
So maybe I can’t read but what happens to the other players we don’t draft? Like I want 2 players not even listed If I don’t get griffey, so do I need to buy 3 spots or try and draft a team?

No teams - there are 31 individual star player slots. All other players not listed will go to the AL or NL slots. Yes, even Babe Ruth or Jackie Robinson.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Please re-read the first post for updated information. If you're on this list, you've expressed interest in claiming a slot (or two), so you have a reserved slot. We currently have 10 slots left to fill. The bottom of the first post has the list of participants and the number of slots.

[MENTION=22813]WizardofOz1982[/MENTION] [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION] [MENTION=12279]banjar[/MENTION] [MENTION=2041]joey12508[/MENTION] [MENTION=12983]Juanlasttime[/MENTION] [MENTION=11259]tidel144[/MENTION] [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] [MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION] [MENTION=4155]Bane50[/MENTION] [MENTION=10415]caster513[/MENTION] [MENTION=11245]Joey_peapod[/MENTION] [MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] [MENTION=2477]Gwynn545[/MENTION] [MENTION=12824]S10dragingass[/MENTION] [MENTION=13141]Sonic311[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Members online