Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about this graded card and a missing serial number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Last edited:

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
This auction recently popped up for a 1999 Ultimate Victory 1/1:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1-1999-Ultimate-Victory-Parallel-Tim-Hudson-137-BGS-9-Rookie-No-Serial-/131210611305?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1e8cc30a69

I was wondering if people think that is the actual pack pulled parallel without a serial number, or is that just a replacement card sent out at some point. The card was recently graded.

I looked at the BGS pop report and see see that there are 4 of these "1 of 1" parallels that are noted as "missing serial number" that were all graded on June 4, 2014 (a few days ago). Alex Rodriguez, Josh Beckett, Tim Hudson, and Alfonso Soriano.

The problem is that there is already an Alfonso Soriano on the pop report WITH a serial number (graded back in 2002).

As said above, it's backdoored. It's not a pack released card.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
According to the seller, one was made as a replacement for each card.
So there might be only one of the non serial numbered copies out there.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
According to the seller, one was made as a replacement for each card.
So there might be only one of the non serial numbered copies out there.

Maybe. Maybe not. Seems more like those "proof" Bowman Chrome refractors that show up on Ebay.

The fact that the original Soriano and the "replacement' Soriano are both on the BGS pop report makes me think that something fishy is going on.

The PSA pop report also has a "1 of 1" Soriano (Hudson too).

Last edited:

Members online