Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Price to Tigers D Smyly & Willy Adames & Nick Franklin to Tampa Austin Jackson to Seatlle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
David Price to Tigers D Smyly & Willy Adames & Nick Franklin to Tampa Austin Jackson to Seatlle

Replacement for Scherzer next year? Nice playoff rotation, although Price ain't so great when the stage gets big (except as a reliever his rookie year).

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Good. Let him stay in the AL so the A's and Tigers can beat each other up. Keep him away from the Cardinals and let the Doyers stand pat and keep their future intact.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
If that's correct, that's a crappy haul for the Rays. Franklin and Smyly for Price. Jennings for Jackson is an even swap, in my opinion.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Looking like Ty Walker from Seattle going to Rays too. THAT sounds a little more like it.

***Nope, only speculated on by Sherman, confirmed NO by Heyman*** If it is just Smyly and Franklin for Price that's horrible. Ben Cherington is schooling everyone today!

Last edited:

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Willy Adames, who is an A ball SS in the Detroit system who I've never heard of, completes what the Rays get. Anyone got anything on Adames?

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Adames is being pumped up by the MLB Network crews but the dude's only in A ball and just came on this year. I'm still rather in shock the Rays got so little.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
man the tigers sucked. Played Smyly on the day he got traded. Should have left him on the bench so no possibility of being damaged good when shipped out and the Rays might have been able to use him right away.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Someone stop pulling my leg.Seriously, who are the other 2-3 players the Rays got to complete the trade?

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
man the tigers sucked. Played Smyly on the day he got traded. Should have left him on the bench so no possibility of being damaged good when shipped out and the Rays might have been able to use him right away.
Played Smyly and pulled AJ in the 7th inning! He got applause from the crowd, congratulatory hugs from his teammates, and then headed for the tunnel. Even the broadcasters knew what was up and were commenting on the situation.. Pretty sorry way to end they're playing days in Motown!
I think we needed more help in the bullpen. We've been getting hammered more this year than Jenna Jameson! Don't get me wrong, getting Price and adding a 3rd Cy Young to the starting rotation is great but when our starters exit the game it becomes a free for all and anyone can beat us--and have many times! What are we like 28th in league last time I checked? We have no left-handed relief.. (insert Phil Choke and Ian Croak). Soria is Not the fix-all for our late inning woes. Add to that the fact we lost a little offense, defense, and speed-which we had for the first time in a long time, well bottom line: no pen, no ring, Not for that Price..

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Played Smyly and pulled AJ in the 7th inning! He got applause from the crowd, congratulatory hugs from his teammates, and then headed for the tunnel. Even the broadcasters knew what was up and were commenting on the situation.. Pretty sorry way to end they're playing days in Motown!
I think we needed more help in the bullpen. We've been getting hammered more this year than Jenna Jameson! Don't get me wrong, getting Price and adding a 3rd Cy Young to the starting rotation is great but when our starters exit the game it becomes a free for all and anyone can beat us--and have many times! What are we like 28th in league last time I checked? We have no left-handed relief.. (insert Phil Choke and Ian Croak). Soria is Not the fix-all for our late inning woes. Add to that the fact we lost a little offense, defense, and speed-which we had for the first time in a long time, well bottom line: no pen, no ring, Not for that Price..

What you're saying is true. However, I think they are looking at the playoffs only with this move. They are thinking they will only need 4 starters at the most in a 7 game series. Which gives them a choice of Porcello or Verlander most likely to come out of the pen during the playoffs. Chances are with the starting pitching they have, there is no need to be too concerned with a 7th inning guy in the playoffs.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014

Almost exactly my thought. Tigers went for a big splash and filled a hole that didn't exist. Who is your third outfielder now? Hunter, Davis, and ???

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Almost exactly my thought. Tigers went for a big splash and filled a hole that didn't exist. Who is your third outfielder now? Hunter, Davis, and ???

J.D. Martinez is the 3rd outfielder. He's having a nice season (0.325/0.363/0.605) and has actually been getting time ahead of Hunter. I'm interested to see how Rajai Davis fares in CF.

Members online

Latest posts