Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That's crazy. Good for the seller and the buyer will end up with a one of a kind piece. Although, for $5k you'd think you could buy an entire bat but I'm sure you can't.

That brings up another question... why is Panini in the baseball card business when they can just be in the sports memorabilia business? In all seriousness though... Instead of creating baseball cards, just create collectors items and sell them themselves?! I mean for real... I'm sure it didn't cost $5k to make that card, so why not make it themselves and turn a sick profit themselves?!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
That's crazy. Good for the seller and the buyer will end up with a one of a kind piece. Although, for $5k you'd think you could buy an entire bat but I'm sure you can't.

That brings up another question... why is Panini in the baseball card business when they can just be in the sports memorabilia business? In all seriousness though... Instead of creating baseball cards, just create collectors items and sell them themselves?! I mean for real... I'm sure it didn't cost $5k to make that card, so why not make it themselves and turn a sick profit themselves?!

How many individual pieces can they make by cutting up the bat? I'm not really sure but i would guess a very high number...

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
And you guys obviously know that the high-end HOF collectors have snipes set for that Clemente barrel. I wouldn't be surprised if I underestimated the card at 6K, I can see it going up to 7K. It's an astonishing example..

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How many individual pieces can they make by cutting up the bat? I'm not really sure but i would guess a very high number...
That is my point. I understand Topps and being the big card company, etc. but when thinking about Panini, it is almost like head scratching to me because they could just be a memorabilia seller creating custom pieces of game used memo for collectors and sell the sh!t themselves. This piece is a great example... I think they would rather sell this one piece themselves than put it in a pack and someone else sell it lol

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
That is my point. I understand Topps and being the big card company, etc. but when thinking about Panini, it is almost like head scratching to me because they could just be a memorabilia seller creating custom pieces of game used memo for collectors and sell the sh!t themselves. This piece is a great example... I think they would rather sell this one piece themselves than put it in a pack and someone else sell it lol

Respectfully disagree here. This card may be the best card in this entire product and these are going for about $450 a pop per box. How many boxes of this do you think were opened where people hit things that cost Panini under $50 when taking into consideration their economies of scale? They have to mix amazing hits in with the junk so that their products stay "hot". $7K at the end of the day is chump change to them.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Respectfully disagree here. This card may be the best card in this entire product and these are going for about $450 a pop per box. How many boxes of this do you think were opened where people hit things that cost Panini under $50 when taking into consideration their economies of scale? They have to mix amazing hits in with the junk so that their products stay "hot". $7K at the end of the day is chump change to them.
You don't think they could make more $ if they just sold every card themselves? So you believe that if you took all sales of these cards and added it up, you would get less $ than what Panini gets from selling these boxes to dealers? What is Panini getting per box... surely not $450 right? That is what dealers sell them for and they have to have a profit right? Either way, I know it is an outside the box idea but I just question it. I mean you know the base cards sell for more that what it costs Panini to produce lol

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
You don't think they could make more $ if they just sold every card themselves? So you believe that if you took all sales of these cards and added it up, you would get less $ than what Panini gets from selling these boxes to dealers? What is Panini getting per box... surely not $450 right? That is what dealers sell them for and they have to have a profit right? Either way, I know it is an outside the box idea but I just question it. I mean you know the base cards sell for more that what it costs Panini to produce lol

I do believe that Panini makes significantly more off selling boxes than they could off individual cards, but I may be wrong. I would guess Panini is selling these to dealers for $375ish? But I may be wrong - dealers can feel free to chip in. I do know that margins are NOT high for dealers they're fairly low. The thing you have to keep in mind is that this is a Clemente bat, for Panini this is the cream of the crop. They also have a bunch of bat cards in other products that they pay like $50 for a complete bat or less I bet and they have way more of those bats than they do off Clemente's. The truth is that IMO for every 1 Clemente bat cards there are probably about 7-8 under $5 GU pieces you could get. Also remember this is national treausres, for a lot of other stuff they'll lump in a Clemente bat with some very, very average current players and lower-end HOF bats like Mike Schmidt, Frank Robinson & those kind of guys.

Members online

Latest posts