Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Great stuff homerun28aa! Obviously the koufax, Gehrig, and teddy speak for themselves. However I really like the Elston Howard and marty marion. Great stuff!

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Where's the Mathewson stuff...where's the Cobb stuff...

I can guarantee they have some stuff sitting somewhere they have to.

Mathewson has had 1 pair of pants cut up. My guess is there might still be some material left, but should at least be 1 button and some tags. And Cobb has had at least 3 pairs of pants....and no buttons or tags? 2011 topps marquee did have a cobb namestitch from a pair of pants. What about the rest of the honus wagner prime material that was used in 2008 topps sterling?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Mathewson has had 1 pair of pants cut up. My guess is there might still be some material left, but should at least be 1 button and some tags. And Cobb has had at least 3 pairs of pants....and no buttons or tags? 2011 topps marquee did have a cobb namestitch from a pair of pants. What about the rest of the honus wagner prime material that was used in 2008 topps sterling?

I could have sworn a long time ago I saw one of those 2003 Leaf Limited Cobb 1/1 black cards with some stitching from the tag but I could be mis-remembering. But either way it's embarrassing that Cobb doesn't have any prime stuff with the amount of relics he has out I thought for sure we'd see some in NT but not yet. Hornsby is another guy he finally got some stuff in NT but I can guarantee there will be more to come.

Campanella has some in Sterling but as he's one of 3 HOFers I have no prime cards to show for I can guarantee you he should have more stuff out there than he does...lol

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Here goes nothing - my recent pickups! I'm very unorganized sadly so I may have missed a couple and if I did I'll post them as well ASAP! Thanks SO MUCH as always to the board members who contributed to my collection! Here goes nothing, I'm going to start with the one that isn't very "recent" but one of my favorites in this batch and one I haven't showed off yet except in PM:

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-08%20at%209.46.20%20PM_zpsysuujxik.png

That's all I got guys thanks for looking!
I know what you mean about Q , love that Ryan jumbo!

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I could have sworn a long time ago I saw one of those 2003 Leaf Limited Cobb 1/1 black cards with some stitching from the tag but I could be mis-remembering. But either way it's embarrassing that Cobb doesn't have any prime stuff with the amount of relics he has out I thought for sure we'd see some in NT but not yet. Hornsby is another guy he finally got some stuff in NT but I can guarantee there will be more to come.

Campanella has some in Sterling but as he's one of 3 HOFers I have no prime cards to show for I can guarantee you he should have more stuff out there than he does...lol

Yes Cobb had a stitching card/cards but from pants not gamer. Also finally they came out with Campanella Button :)

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
I've been so busy lately that I fell way behind on this thread, but WOW!!! Thanks for the compliments 120 pages or so back guys. Some of the most impressive cards in the hobby have been posted here and I'm in awe. While I never got big into patches due to all the fakers that scared me away, I always just aimed for jersey pieces with some character (button holes, air holes, heavy stitching).
Here are a few air holes and nice stitching:
I know I already posted the Cobb, but since semi-prime Cobbs were just brought up
LeafCobbPants100.jpg

05leafcertmatWilhelmJsyButtonHole12.jpg

05leafcertmatWilhelmJsyButtonHole31.jpg

05leafcenturyAparicoPantsStamp11of1.jpg

05leafcertmatWynnJsySeamStitch25.jpg

08tttDimaggioJsyBat36.jpg

dimaggioJsy.jpg

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
And I've always been a fan of button holes because I figured they must be as equally rare as buttons:
04lcmJeterButtonHoleJsy200.jpg

01platinumrcRJohnsonButtonHoleJsy.jpg

04honorsCJonesButtonHoleJsy250.jpg

04honorsGlavineButtonHoleJsy250.jpg

tigers04throwbackthreadsMorrisJsy25.jpg

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
And button holes from my 05 Absolute Jumbo Jersey collection:
05absmemBagwellJumboJsy78of100.jpg

new6_zpsf3d13199.jpg

05absJumboRevRipken150.jpg

Saved the best for last...
killbrew011.jpg

A_Pharis

A_Pharis

[MENTION=6317]homerun28aa[/MENTION] - Nice Marion! That's another one that was listed for so long with a BIN/BO that would bounce all over. He contacted me out of nowhere saying he saw where I had put in an offer on it, before, and wanted to know if I would do like $115.

That was the BIN on it, once, and I didn't do it then - so I wouldn't do it, now. It's nice to know someone got it, though.

To be honest, I think this thread has prompted some higher prices amongst the participants. I'm tempted to sell off my stuff to you guys!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
[MENTION=6317]homerun28aa[/MENTION] - Nice Marion! That's another one that was listed for so long with a BIN/BO that would bounce all over. He contacted me out of nowhere saying he saw where I had put in an offer on it, before, and wanted to know if I would do like $115.

That was the BIN on it, once, and I didn't do it then - so I wouldn't do it, now. It's nice to know someone got it, though.

To be honest, I think this thread has prompted some higher prices amongst the participants. I'm tempted to sell off my stuff to you guys!

See post 1847...

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts