Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Old Player Collector Thread = Missing Player Collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Looking through an old thread and I was getting frustrated with the "Photobucket No Image" thing, so my attention turned to the names who posted from that old thread. I wonder where these people are? Did they even say good bye before they left???? Any of these guys lurking?? If anything it was a good trip through FCB memory lane.
[MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7109]RAZOR-Z[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1742]predatorkj[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2443]Fandruw25[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7804]Dilferules[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6366]ASTROBURN[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2805]thelesquad[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6250]rickey5191[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10018]BenG76[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1866]muskiesfan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2738]uniquebaseballcards[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2763]theplasticman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2080]bouwob[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3848]TBTwinsFan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2999]Card Magnet[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2179]Thumpersports[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2869]Jastermereel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1727]ThoseBackPages[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2178]MOFNY[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1864]ffgameman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1743]wolfmanalfredo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2425]marterburn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2761]Anthony[/MENTION] K
[MENTION=3065]CollectorsCorner[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1989]Cobra29svt[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1839]LaneyB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1744]jarcar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1898]ronfromfresno[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2180]blitzerlover[/MENTION]

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
[MENTION=1742]predatorkj[/MENTION] is still around, but I don't think he posts much. He sold me a Marwin Gonzalez card about a month ago.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Like most things, people can by cyclical on their interest and involvement. I recognize several user names right off the bat, others not as familiar. Maybe some or gone for good and maybe some spend more time on a different site. The sites themselves are ether same way. This is my third site "home", where the last two either became uninteresting or traffic slowed to the point of boredom, but I still pop in to 2-3 other sites from time to time.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
I'm here ! On all the time - Just lurking in the shadows :)

The slight concern from 1 person of my whereabouts may have been a game changer...

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Sorry, I haven't been around much lately. Slowed down on buying cards for a while. I'm getting the itch to get back to it again though. I have to step back and take a break every once in a while.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I'm here ! On all the time - Just lurking in the shadows :)

The slight concern from 1 person of my whereabouts may have been a game changer...

Sorry, I haven't been around much lately. Slowed down on buying cards for a while. I'm getting the itch to get back to it again though. I have to step back and take a break every once in a while.

Glad to see you guys around still! I don't post that much, so I am barely one to talk, but I am always partial to the player collector camaraderie. Of course, the three people on my block list still post all the time. Sadly, they're not going anywhere! :lol::lol::benson:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yoooooooooooooo! I am still alive and well... lurking on the thread from time to time... adding Belle's less and less now that I am +90%

How is everyone? I need to get back to posting more ;)

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm still around, just totally not into it anymore. I still have my site, and my collection, but i havent gotten anything new in a really long time.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not hard to understand. This market is making it harder and harder to stay interested, at least for me. Still clinging on, but have shifted my collecting focus a fair amount and cut back too. I am on the verge of the biggest step towards ending my collecting career, which is focusing only on a few subjects of interest. When I stop buying Garvey stuff though, it's over.

I'm still around, just totally not into it anymore. I still have my site, and my collection, but i havent gotten anything new in a really long time.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I'm not really around. I'll eventually come back to collecting, and a still do a little. For me my second kid (who's now almost 6) becoming a toddler was the earnest fade to being active on message boards.
I hear you! Been there, done that! Glad to see you still around!

Yoooooooooooooo! I am still alive and well... lurking on the thread from time to time... adding Belle's less and less now that I am +90%

How is everyone? I need to get back to posting more ;)
YEs!! MAc!! I thought you'd be around forever! THe board is not the same without you!

That is actually sad, in a totally self-centered sort of way, thinking of all the time and effort (not to mention money) put into it, and to have it wane because no other reason than "it is getting boring". Not saying that is you exactly, but I think about that for guys who have virtually collected everything there is to collect... for Gwynn, I can't imagine that would happen unless I win the lottery! Glad to se eyou around somewhat still, and maybe something will spark you back full force! (The no-logo, Donruss, multiple-parallel crap not doing for you either, huh?)

[MENTION=2477]Gwynn545[/MENTION] I'm still big into collecting Oswalt. I don't use Photobucket anymore because it isn't free.

I'm on Flikr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/24691365@N08/?

And I have my website: http://royoswalt44.com/

I unfortunately don't visit this site much anymore.

Photobucket is a joke, and had ruined most of the great threads on this site. I have not even tried to transfer all my pics over anywhere else because I'm gun-shy now. Glad to see you around a bit still!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Oh, I'm still around. Just been really busy with work and...you know..life. As Astroburn put it, I'm not really into it much anymore. Been getting rid of things here and there. Just got to be too much to keep up with.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Trying to make another run at it after being away for a few years. Starting to learn the new prospects so i can make money to but Boggs cards!
Sweet! Haven't paid much attention, but seems Boggs is in the new sets with the plethora of parallels. That's always fun!

WOW .... I haven't been around for awhile either. Looking to start getting back into this.
Awesome! Blast from the past! Glad to see you still at it!

muskiesfan
card magnet
collectors corner

they're all very active in the hobby i believe they use facebook more these days.
Incredible! I can't even imagine what that would be like. I mean, I have Facebook, but can't imagine what a card collecting Facebook group would be like, or how active it could possibly be.

Oh, I'm still around. Just been really busy with work and...you know..life. As Astroburn put it, I'm not really into it much anymore. Been getting rid of things here and there. Just got to be too much to keep up with.

Surprised, actually. Glad to see you still around, and maybe it'll pick up and be exciting again! Doctor prescribes 2 packs of 1992 Fleer magazine packs, and go to a card show in the morning. Should be good as new!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts