Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
One of my favorite modern era cards. I owned a copy (sans bat piece) a while back and it's one of the few cards I sold that I kind of wished I hadn't.

Card was inserted in 2001 Prospect Premieres, a set that had a 3 year run, and is largely forgettable (although back in the day the Mark Prior card from this set was a pretty desirable card.) It was the set that brought back the XRC designation, and for some reason had a few really sweet vintage items sprinkled in. Jackie was the only cut auto. There are 3 versions, one with no game-used, one with the bat (like this one) and one with game-worn pants.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Robinsons 2001 Prospect Premieres Tribute 42 Cut Autograph Bat s-l500.jpg
    Robinsons 2001 Prospect Premieres Tribute 42 Cut Autograph Bat s-l500.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 423

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
That's a ****ing gorgeous card. Love the '02 UD Premiere Prospect set !

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I couldn't say no to a $5 BIN for a cut auto of one of my all-time favorite actors. I'm sure he signed a lot of autos in his lifetime but it seemed like a great buy (now the 3rd Mystery Cuts card in my PC). Bonus points for it being numbered 5/17 as my birthday is May, 17. :cool:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Heston front.jpg
    Heston front.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 342

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
People will catch on to the rarity of hat prime one day, and I will never be able to own another one.

Hats and gloves IMO are incredibly under-appreciated. Sweet card

Dec 4, 2008
Always thought this set was interesting. Just picked up a complete run of 1999 Topps Chrome McGwires (70 cards) and Sosa (66 cards). Must have cost the seller a small fortune and a lot of time to assemble! Happy to pick this one up with a lot less hassle.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• mcgwire220.JPG
    mcgwire220.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 304
  • sosa461.JPG
    sosa461.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 307

Members online