Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Leaf Best of Baseball Unopened Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
This one is a little bit of a head scratcher for me. For whatever the cost is, you get a random box of cards, and a Pete Rose auto? Would love to see a CL of the boxes available.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
For anyone who bought the football version, any junk wax in the product?

If not, what were some of the worst boxes?

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
The football release was...interesting. Not a ton of value but where else could you open a 2014 football "box" and pull out a 2007 box?

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I was wondering who was buying up all the junk wax on Ebay lol. Very innovative product here BG...

I was wondering who was buying up all the junk wax on Ebay lol. Very innovative product here BG...
+1

And can we please have more Pete Rose autos....because we all know that these are very limited and hard to find
:rolleyes:

And to those that are thinking of purchasing this product - why not just buy the older wax product that you want ??

This innovative product screams - Please give me a good swift kick to my junk !!!

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION] - Andrew, a unique draft idea for a product like this would be a random team draft and bust all 6 boxes of the wax to go to each team. Whoever ends up with the Reds/Expos/Phillies would get the Rose autos, or you could treat those as 6 hopper cards. Might cut the cost down 6 spots to 15 or 30 spots.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Insert Topps, UD, Fleer, Razor, etc. It doesn't need to be specific to Leaf to illicit the same response. You don't think this idea just begs to be slammed?

and here we go......

I don't buy new product, so my opinion is of someone who's money doesn't go towards these types of releases, but I think it is insanely stupid. More power to you anyone who wants to buy a random box of cards and a random Pete Rose autograph, but it seems this is all about the gamble as usual. It's great to the person who pulls the Rookie buyback and some fantastic limited buyback box, but for the average buyer, I'm guessing the experience will be average.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Insert Topps, UD, Fleer, Razor, etc. It doesn't need to be specific to Leaf to illicit the same response. You don't think this idea just begs to be slammed?

I don't buy new product, so my opinion is of someone who's money doesn't go towards these types of releases, but I think it is insanely stupid. More power to you anyone who wants to buy a random box of cards and a random Pete Rose autograph, but it seems this is all about the gamble as usual. It's great to the person who pulls the Rookie buyback and some fantastic limited buyback box, but for the average buyer, I'm guessing the experience will be average.

I don't have any hate towards Leaf. I think they are a very good company and could challenge topps with a license. That being said, I don't think I'd ever buy this product. I'll watch it get busted and think its an interesting idea but I wouldn't buy it. I'd rather buy Leaf BOB from any of the previous years where you get at least decent cards instead of a random box.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Why are they called Buyback cards?
Leaf didn't buy back its cards. Leaf went on eBay, to shows or wherever it buys cards and bought other company's Pete Rose cards.

I don't see legitimate companies like Topps (or the old licensed Upper Deck, Fleer or Donruss) making grab bag products and "buy backs" featuring other company's cards.

A "buy back" is like Donruss Recollection or Bowman Originals.
This is a just Tri-Star level product.

(And no, this is not an anti-Leaf post. I'd think the same thing if Topps did it. And yes, I've seen the occasional Topps auto cut of a butchered Fleer or Donruss card, but that's not an entire product like all of these Leaf products.)

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Something like this makes me wonder if these products were really sold out or are these boxes extra that leaf is sitting on...

And for the most part I like Leaf I have bought plenty of the products they have put out over the last year or so...

Members online