Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many superfractors will be pulled from Boomo's 50 case Bowman Draft Rip????????????

How many Supers??!!

Votes: 18 17.6%

Votes: 18 17.6%

Votes: 30 29.4%

Votes: 15 14.7%

Votes: 7 6.9%

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 5 4.9%

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Boomo - I've noticed some of the bigger auctions have some errors in them that you might want to fix to avoid the jerkwads lurking on ebay. I pointed one out to you on ebay and I noticed another Bryce Harper lot that says Yu Darvish in the body. You know there is some scum that will pull the item not as described with paypal over any discrepancy.

it of course had a bid already, but i added the correct thing below in 36 pt font. and if they really dont want darvish or harper, ill take em back :)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
50 cases! What's that, like $25,000?
Wow, that's going to be incredibly fun ripping all those (but the sorting is going to be a crazy!)
I've never busted more than five boxes at a time (1987 Topps 36-pack wax boxes back in the day) so I envy all of that pack ripping.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
50 cases! What's that, like $25,000?
Wow, that's going to be incredibly fun ripping all those (but the sorting is going to be a crazy!)
I've never busted more than five boxes at a time (1987 Topps 36-pack wax boxes back in the day) so I envy all of that pack ripping.

Don't envy it. Ever heard of too much of a good thing? Yeah, well it's true.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
matty, 50 cases??!! holy crap, buddy..lol. that sounds insane yet fun!!

best of luck to you. im assuming this is a group break? hope you and the people involved do awesome on that break!

dave

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
What will the slots have to average for the break even point?

Man, I just looked at the way he's doing this break. Could quite possibly be the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life. No way he even gets close to his investment back. He's flat-out NUTS.

On the flipside, whatever distributor that gave him 50 cases of regular bdp is sighing a sigh of relief, even if they sold them below cost - they can roll in the overpriced jumbo profits lol.

wooo...

Last edited:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
This will be a miserable experience for boomo, but hopefully a profitable one. He's going to be punch drunk from opening packs and sorting cards.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
hmmm, interesting. Very glad that I saw this post. I had seen the listings in my saved searches for his stuff, but never clicked on them. Now that I know it's an FCB guy, I'm definitely going to bid. Definitely worth the shot for my two PC guys, and probably for my Sox guys as well

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Man alive, 50 cases!?!?

Only once did I bust more than a case and that was in 2005 (bowman DP&P) and I busted two 10 box hobby cases. Even flying through it without sorting at all it took me a good 5 hours and did not even make it through the last couple boxs. I was so sick of cards after that ~5 hours, the next day I packed everything up, including the couple unopened boxs and went to my LCS. I made a quick deal for the few better hits and the unopened boxes then just gave him the rest to deal with. I lost about $500, ~5 hours of my life, and could not be happier to get rid of them.

If I could even do it, which I am sure I could not, it would take me at least 120 hours or so to break 50 cases and probablly another 250 - 300 hours to actually sort them. All told it would probablly take me 400+ hours. Yep, thats 10 weeks of 40 hours a week. Someone could pay me $10,000 to do so and I would pass just to put in perspective the task this crazy guy is taking on....

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
What will the slots have to average for the break even point?

My guess is around $35 a slot.

There's not reason why most of them can't get that. The chrome, refractor, blue /gold refractor lot of the SUCKIEST player in the checklist is a good deal @ $35.....shouldn't there be like 200 chrome of each player?

Members online

Latest posts