Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever single-handedly had a major affect on the price of someone's cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
And the high end is about all I purchased. I own more than half of the Bowman Sterling Black Refractor Autographs /25.

Is his career over? There needs to be a thread about recent (2005 till 2013) prospects that are either out of baseball or will never make a big impact I.E. floundering at the same level over and over.

NeedChapmans

Aug 19, 2012
I know there are some pretty hard-core prospectors here, I was wondering if anybody had any cautionary tales of prospecting. I have recently hit the 20-20 mark on Brad Miller's cards (23 regulars, 20 refractors) and I have pretty much taken the price from $5 & $`8 to what they are today (minus his recent performance hike). Wondering how it turned out for some of you.

I think I've done a pretty good job keeping the Cingrani market on the up and up. Bowman Chrome is not an easy set to do it with as there are ~1,400 base autos but with more than half of those autos off the market, it keeps the supply and demand in check. If Tony can get back to AAA having pitched well (he likely won't stay up no matter how well he does), prices should maintain around the $~50 base chrome #.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I seem to remember someone on the old Beckett boards (and maybe here as well) that was buying up all the Mark Teixeira SPX rookie cards that were numbered to 1500 that he could find. I remember he posted a picture with all the cards layed out on a table and if memory serves me correctly he had nearly 200 of them. Once he posted that picture it seemed that prices on Ebay increased for this card. I am curious if anyone else remembers this poster as I have wondered if he ever sold off his stash or is hanging on to them still.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Not sports cards, but over the past two years I've been watching Family Guy Sketch cards auctions. There is a guy with 10,000+ feedback (8,000+ when I first noticed) who bids on every single family guy sketch card auction. Until recently he was winning them all. Now there is a guy with 1,200 feedback (400 feedback when he first started winning) who has been consistently overbidding him. Basically if you list a Family Guy sketch card at auction, you are guaranteed to get $45+ because of these two.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I set the floor for the first 25 cal ripken national treasures base jersey/99 cards. I finally won #26 . The others all brought over 17.11 which was my bid on them all. These were not the ironman ones they were cheaper

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
I seem to remember someone on the old Beckett boards (and maybe here as well) that was buying up all the Mark Teixeira SPX rookie cards that were numbered to 1500 that he could find. I remember he posted a picture with all the cards layed out on a table and if memory serves me correctly he had nearly 200 of them. Once he posted that picture it seemed that prices on Ebay increased for this card. I am curious if anyone else remembers this poster as I have wondered if he ever sold off his stash or is hanging on to them still.

It was 2001 UD Pros & Prospects
http://teixeira24.m.webs.com/site/mobile?url=http://www.freewebs.com/teixeira24/apps/photos/&&&#3223

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe this thread should be changed to "Have you ever single-handedly had a major affect on the price of someone's cards on ebay? Because a lot of folks are considering ebay sales as opposed to the show or shop factor.