Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Here's what I've got so far.

83brummer_zpsc8a3fe03.jpg
83kaat_zpsee84b04d.jpg

83lahti_zps3dcd4f45.jpg
83mcgee_zps577e0a07.jpg

83mura_zpsf54083a4.jpg
83oberkfell_zps07846d94.jpg

83ramsey_zpsb17ccce0.jpg
83smithl_zpsb49f1f7c.jpg

83smitho_zps823335a5.jpg

Those are SICK! One of my favorite Topps designs ever. Now I want to have a set too haha

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Very sensitive borders. This one has some of the nicer borders that I've seen for sale recently, but there's a slight indentation on the upper right corner which will kill the overall grade when it goes to BGS. If it hadn't been for that I could have seen it coming back at least an 8.5...

I picked it up for about $800. There's a bunch for sale at $1000-1500 on eBay but none selling that high.

Now I just need the single signed Mantle to complete the collection.
May eventually pick one of those up.Pretty card.Sounds like a BGS 9 of that card is really tough to get?Guess I'm going to the Des Moines area now.Really didn't want to go there, but nothing else is working out.You ever go to any Quad Cities games?

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
May eventually pick one of those up.Pretty card.Sounds like a BGS 9 of that card is really tough to get?Guess I'm going to the Des Moines area now.Really didn't want to go there, but nothing else is working out.You ever go to any Quad Cities games?

Yeah, BGS/PSA 9's are next to impossible to find.

I never did get over the the QC for games before the Cardinals moved down to Peoria. QC is now the Astros affiliate. Nice park though. There's a bunch of teams in Iowa, if you can stand a 2-3 hour drive each way there's lot of baseball to be had. I gotta think Omaha has a team or two, I think the Royals have a team there?

I'm sure you can find Iowa Cubs tickets any night of the week :)

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
This week I have picked up ticket stubs from Descalsos HRs in Milwaukee and San Diego. 2007 Bowman Red /5 from heartyourlife that I can not wait to break out of that slab. Also just got in Descalso Mini Silver /5 that I picked up for just $15! That means I am 2 cards away from 100% non 1/1 completion. I need 2011 Bowman Red /5 and 2012 Topps Factory set Orange /190. I may NEVER see that card again

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
This week I have picked up ticket stubs from Descalsos HRs in Milwaukee and San Diego. 2007 Bowman Red /5 from heartyourlife that I can not wait to break out of that slab. Also just got in Descalso Mini Silver /5 that I picked up for just $15! That means I am 2 cards away from 100% non 1/1 completion. I need 2011 Bowman Red /5 and 2012 Topps Factory set Orange /190. I may NEVER see that card again

Is it this one?

descalsobgs.jpg

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
No the one I got is graded a 9 from PSA. Now I want the super. Maybe me and Sinfulone can get something worked out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Picked up the Descalso 1/1 A from the Own The Name set. I would really like to get the E from heartyourlife, but PC is PC I guess. Just wish it was in mine. This was an awesome week for me.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, BGS/PSA 9's are next to impossible to find.

I never did get over the the QC for games before the Cardinals moved down to Peoria. QC is now the Astros affiliate. Nice park though. There's a bunch of teams in Iowa, if you can stand a 2-3 hour drive each way there's lot of baseball to be had. I gotta think Omaha has a team or two, I think the Royals have a team there?

I'm sure you can find Iowa Cubs tickets any night of the week :)
Could have sworn Quad Cities was a Cardinals affiliate as of last year.Had no idea they moved.Peoria isn't too far away, is it?Royals still have an affiliate in Omaha as far as I know of, though they changed their name.May go to Des Moines when Memphis plays there.How long is Taveras out for again?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No the one I got is graded a 9 from PSA. Now I want the super. Maybe me and Sinfulone can get something worked out.

Still away with family.Will eventually go back home and pick up the rest of my cards, and then we can work something out.Still want both of them?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Still away with family.Will eventually go back home and pick up the rest of my cards, and then we can work something out.Still want both of them?

It's possible I want both. It will depend on how much money I have when we are able to talk. Lol got to have money to buy cards XD

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Could have sworn Quad Cities was a Cardinals affiliate as of last year.Had no idea they moved.Peoria isn't too far away, is it?Royals still have an affiliate in Omaha as far as I know of, though they changed their name.May go to Des Moines when Memphis plays there.How long is Taveras out for again?

Last year yes. This year no. Peoria is about five hours each way from DM. No clue on Taveras, I say let him get 100% before throwing him back out. He's so young, health should come first.

Members online

Latest posts