Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Paul Konerko PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Konerko HOF talk has happened on here a couple times before. I'm not saying yes or no here, but he has a pretty low WAR (not that this is the end-all-be-all) and hasn't led the league in a category before and baseball-reference has him most like McGriff. With that said though, he's been a consistently productive player.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I don't understand why Konerko isn't more famous.
He's been with Chicago for 15 straight years, which is rare. He won a World Series. He has 430 homers. He's a good guy and never been accused of steroids. He was a top prospect and hit .294 with 24 homers in his first full season and has been one of the league's top sluggers ever since.

It's a shame he's having such a bad season and may retire at age 37.
He has a real shot at 500 homers if he plays until 40. Otherwise, he'll remain in the category of great hitters like Fred McGriff and Carlos Delgado, who fell just short of 500 homers and won't make the Hall of Fame.

+1. My favorite White Sox next to The Big Hurt. I hope he sticks around long enough to hit #500 . It would really be a shame if he didn't.

And on a side note, I know a lot of players have their own little routine at the plate between pitches, but I always liked Konerko's. Does the same thing after almost every pitch....steps back, bat barrel under the left armpit, adjusts velcro on left glove, then right, then taps his helmet, takes a practice swing, and then steps in again. I'll miss Pauly when he's gone.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
+1. My favorite White Sox next to The Big Hurt. I hope he sticks around long enough to hit #500 . It would really be a shame if he didn't.

And on a side note, I know a lot of players have their own little routine at the plate between pitches, but I always liked Konerko's. Does the same thing after almost every pitch....steps back, bat barrel under the left armpit, adjusts velcro on left glove, then right, then taps his helmet, takes a practice swing, and then steps in again. I'll miss Pauly when he's gone.

You forgot after he adjusts his gloves he then spits on one glove then rubs them together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Sorry for the huge scans haha

I like the large scans. I wish I could figure out how to do that. I only know how to post thumbnails :(

Speaking of which...I thought I'd piggy-back on your thread and show off my Konerko "collection". I actually don't PC Paulie, but he's one of the few players I really like and so these few cards are in my extremely small non-PC keeper box.

Konerko.jpg Konerko_0001.jpg Konerko_0002.jpg Konerko_0003.jpg Konerko_0004.jpg

I got a Goodwin auto somewhere too, but couldn't find it just now. Anyway, I'm hoping to get the Premier patch signed by both Lee and Konerko one day. Anyone from Chicago who gets caught up in the crosstown classic every year could definitely appreciate how cool that would be.

Whitesox27

Jul 29, 2013
Illinois
Nice PC.
Here's some more stuff. Been awhile since I updated this.

And This

Pretty cool IMO. Thanks CARDMAN for the woodburning. :)

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Very awesome pickups and that wood buring is very cool. I may have to think out adding one to my collection.

Whitesox27

Jul 29, 2013
Illinois
Here's the new stuff. I really like the red ref /5, gold ref /50, and the Thome/Konerko Insert. 2 of my favorite players on 1 card. :) Thanks.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I have a konerko booklet gu card from national treasures with a cutout that says "paulie"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online