Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Abreu close to deal with White Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The other finalists were the Astros and Red Sox. Too bad he didn't sign with one of them.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
It aint over til it's over.

Also, I have a feeling he will have some similarities to Viciedo, no speed, no defense, should be a DH/1B. Amazing to me that he will get DOUBLE what Puig and Cespedes got, and they can both play defense, throw, and RUN. This contract smells of a desperate team, in MAJOR need of some talent.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
It aint over til it's over.

Also, I have a feeling he will have some similarities to Viciedo, no speed, no defense, should be a DH/1B. Amazing to me that he will get DOUBLE what Puig and Cespedes got, and they can both play defense, throw, and RUN. This contract smells of a desperate team, in MAJOR need of some talent.

Just a bitter cubs fan. LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Just a bitter cubs fan. LoL

Nah, I would actually love it if they sign him. And with the situation they are in, I would do whatever it took to sign him, IF, IF, IF, I had total confidence that he will hit .280+ and with 35 HR+ a year. He is not providing anything but the bat, which is totally fine, as long as the bat is 60+ on both hitting and power. If not, go sign Mike Morse instead and save the money for someone else.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Im just busting your balls.

I was hoping they would and or could sign Granderson

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Maybe the Rangers won't get him after all.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sources: Rangers not expected to sign Cuban 1B Jose Abreu. Won't go to $68M, the size of current six-year offer. Most speculate White Sox.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
It will be interesting to see what happens. He would be a big help in a lackluster lineup. Hopefully he can wake Viciedo up if he does sign.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
It will be interesting to see what happens. He would be a big help in a lackluster lineup. Hopefully he can wake Viciedo up if he does sign.

Yeah, that lineup looks a lot different if they can sign them both (Abreu and Granderson)....

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Well, if he translates to the MLB, he's worth way more than 11 million/year alone just on hitting. If not, they were 30+ under .500 anyway.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Geez, .453 with 33 home runs and 93 RBIs in just 66 games.
I know the Cuban league is far inferior to MLB, but those are video game numbers.
Do they test for PEDs in Cuba? Serious question.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I hope he gets off to a horrible start so I might be able to afford his chrome auto. Ha.

Members online