Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coolest or most Memorable Home Runs You've Witnessed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The last one was weird I knew it wasn't his typical homerun trot as he rounded third-base he started staring up at the media boxes. He slowed down and walking towards home plate as he passed the plate he stomped on it turn slightly looked up at the media box again and started screaming he said a few choice words that I don't think I can repeat on here directed towards Jeff Brantley one of the reds radio broadcasters. Great American ballpark went silent he was pulled into the dugout. A few days later he was traded to the Chicago White Sox. It was a pretty bad situation up in Cincy the Reds as a team shut out the media from the locker room. Brantley was very critical of Griffey. Saying that he was a drain on the team and he should have retired the season before. Junior didn't appreciate that and it boiled over on the field.

I could see Griffey's frustration though. With himself, the team, and the criticism.

I've always thought Griffey was a PED user who broke down early due to use.

He's one of my favorites though. I currently have two pair of Griffey Nike's that I wear every day. Doesn't mean I dislike him, just because I think he used.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
All the memorable Yankees games I have been to and the one that stands out the most for me was not even a Yankee. I was in the highest seats I have ever sat in and this ball sailed over my head. Even though I am not a fan of this guy I will never forget this home run!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cQeJ8YQuqh8

Here is another game I was at that the Home Run turned out not to be a Home Run in the umps eyes. I stole the details from the Internet but I just remember the free socks covering the field.

Chris Jones was a very good clutch pinch hitter in the mold of Matt Franco and Lenny Harris. Was a decent fourth outfielder too. A very distinct memory I have of Chris was a game against the Giants I went too when it was "Free Sock Day" at Shea The Mets were trailing by two runs in the bottom of the nintth..two runners were on base with two outs..now this was around the time where it seemed like Jones would get a homer each time he pinch it..and sure enough, he hit one just inside the right field foul pole that wouldve gave the Mets a dramatic one -run win..except for the fact that the first base umpire incorrectly ruled it foul..Jones then promptly struck out his next at bat..everyone was so mad at being robbed of a victory taht they started throwing their free socks on the field!

Last edited:

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I too, am interested!

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

When Griffey Jr came to town, all was right with the world. When he got hurt, the media lambasted him for the injury and the Reds for paying him a bunch of money. The local Reds flagship radio station at that time went from kissing the Reds and Griffey's butt to one slam and blame after another. They blamed Griffey for his high salary for tying the teams hands because they couldnt go out and get another player. The local TV sports guys did the same thing as most where also affiliated or worked for the radio station in some capacity. The local papers had two beat writers, one for the Reds and one for Griffey. They were brutal with both. Although some of what they wrote and broadcast was true, they didnt know when to stop. The TV, Radio and newspaper guys didnt just beat up on the Reds & Griffey, but Carson Palmer and the Bengals as well.

Now, the TV, radio and newspaper guys all have to have special clearance to be near the locker room, they now have a media room for interviews. If a certain player doesnt want to talk to the media, the guy asking the questions has to leave or have his pass revoked.

Something similar happened last year between a newspaper guy and Brandon Phillips. The Reds basically told the newspaper itself that if the reporter doesnt stop his attack on BP, they'll yank the papers passes for 10 years.

Fordman

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
On 4/22/2007 the Red Sox hit 4 HR in a row against the Yankees. I was sitting on the first base line just under the 2nd tier. If the stadium didn't fall that night, I don't think it ever will :lol:

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Not historically memorable, but I'm sure the guys who hit them won't forget:

In 2004 I saw Twins player Terry Tiffee's first career homer, a walk-off in the 9th.

In 2012 I saw Dodger Scott Van Slyke hit his first career homer, a go-ahead shot in the bottom of the 7th that turned out to be the game-winner.

Latest posts