Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Topps is the worst. It's kinda bad enough this is in a baseball product, considering he spent a hot minute in the minors and none in the majors. But then to put a Yankees patch in it, and on the back have the same old tired "this relic is not from any specific event, game, or season" is just a straight screw you to baseball card collectors. Are we supposed to think this is a real game used Yankees patch? Or is it a real gu patch from another Yankees player? If that's the case, that's stupid! Why not just put that its a manufactured patch?? Lord knows they make enough of them. It just makes me believe even more that all their supposed game used stuff is bogus

Screenshot_2015-12-15-15-57-19.png

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I read it as it is the jersey he wore while signing the cards. Kinda what leaf does. Have the player wear the jersey for a minute then cut it up after the signing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The patch looks to be from a letter "W", so the jersey accuracy stickler in me says, "OK so Elway has a W in it, but Yankee home jerseys don't have the player's name on them. They obviously added the name just to produce more patches."

#ThanksTopps

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The patch looks to be from a letter "W", so the jersey accuracy stickler in me says, "OK so Elway has a W in it, but Yankee home jerseys don't have the player's name on them. They obviously added the name just to produce more patches."

#ThanksTopps

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

That's a road jersey color... I think

Ryan

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Aye, its a road Jersey. I guess topps was just to lazy to change its ambiguous wording on the back.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Basically it is a novelty card, like UD did with Michael Jordan or Topps has done the past few years with the Archives releases (Major League - Will Ferrell).

Someone will want it and pay the price.

Fordman

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That's what I said in the 3rd post in this thread but people don't read

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I did ;) My other posts were only to state the name would be on a road jersey so it "fits" the piece but def understand where he wore it

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts