Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yadier Molina........I've been telling you.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I like Molina but I do not think he's the best catcher in MLB or is even Hall worthy yet. There are a handful of guys I would take over him in the NL. 2 that come to mind would be Posey and Lucroy. When all three of their careers are done Posey and Lucroy will have better numbers. It doesnt help that Lucroy has split time with Maldonado this year and part of last year.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Lucroy? Really?

I like Molina but I do not think he's the best catcher in MLB or is even Hall worthy yet. There are a handful of guys I would take over him in the NL. 2 that come to mind would be Posey and Lucroy. When all three of their careers are done Posey and Lucroy will have better numbers. It doesnt help that Lucroy has split time with Maldonado this year and part of last year.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
LOL, I think with that wide of a margin, we can compare the catcher's arms. Not like the margin was by 20 runners or something.
Well, I would venture to guess that they have similar pop times, so, yes, pitchers can have that much of an affect.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
So now Yadi's a scumbag? Apparently I was the only one to notice your little comment.
Whatever dude. If that makes you feel better.

Yes, he's a scumbag piece of XXXX, amongst other things. I have no idea why you feel the need to take it personally. I guarantee you that Yadier couldn't care less.

The OP well knows my stance on this player and franchise. He has the same feelings for one of my favorite players and as well as my favorite team. Just because I can't stand Molina doesn't take away from how good of a player he is. I agree that he is one of the best catchers in the league, if not THE best. I just can't stand him. I'm not sure how that affects you, but whatever dude. If that makes you feel better.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't like Molina at all. But as much as I dislike him, I'd take him over any other catcher in the league. Say what you want, the guy is a winner even if he is a loser. Seeing him play a lot in the central has given me a ton of respect for his abilities and handling of pitchers

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I don't know what's up with his neck tats either.

I read in an article after he got them that they had personal meaning, and he wouldn't say what that particular reason was. One looks like a musical note an d the other some freaky Y design.

I'm not a fan of them. I think he just got them in that location so they'd be visible on the sides of his catchers mask.

The one with his initials is just the Wisin y Yandel symol, but with his initials instead of WY.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Well, I would venture to guess that they have similar pop times, so, yes, pitchers can have that much of an affect.

It's not just about pop times. I'm sure they are tenths of a second apart but that is huge when it comes to base stealing. There's also accuracy and intelligence about each base runner.

I'm not really sure why I'm spending so much time here, I despise Molina and the Cardinals...

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Lucroy? Really?

I don't think people realize how good Lucroy truly is. Molina is a great catcher but only in the past several years has he started hitting really well. Everyone knows how good he is behind the plate but I still would take Posey or Lucroy over him any day.

Members online

Latest posts