Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I love Craigslist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Moving my mother found thousands of baseball football cards etc...rookie Derek jeter...rookie. Nolan Ryan's ...just too much to crates full font have time to sell them...call me make a deal today they are going cheap someone can make a serious profit

My first e-mail:
"I'd give you $5 for them just to see if there's one or two things worth keeping"

Reply:
"All worth something to someone one was 275...*have a Roger staubauch plaque mounted 134 Barry sanders plaques wrapped.... emmitt smith...etc...no man I'll keep if have to I don't have time to go thru them ..so I'm trying get rid of them firva few hundred roll... Not to mention the 800 in plastic boxed ...rookie cards still in cases take care"

My Reply:
"I apologize! I would have loved to see the encased stuff. The only two pictures in the ad I saw had the two big tubs and the binder."

The pics from the listing?
00909_89DrmglHTqp_600x450.jpg
01313_6nCf7Jrht1y_600x450.jpg

I seriously hope he doesn't think the tubs count as keeping this in plastic boxes...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I think that you upset them since you asked the seller to include the Christmas wrapping paper.........that is still out!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Took me a few times to read it to understand.

But when you're looking for a "few hundred roll", which means at least $300, two pics of tubs filled with mass produced cards literally thrown into it is NOT the way to sell.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
LOL! Things like this do make you wonder... like how many awesome cards are just sitting in a tub like this ::facepalm::

In other news, I think the $5 offer is laughable :lol:

A_Pharis

Hey, if the guy wants more than $5 then he needs to put some sort of pricing in his listing.
If you want me to take two tubs worth of cards that I'll likely have to put into plastic bags at the curb - then I'm going to make you an offer based on that.
If he had come at me with $50, I may have considered it... but a few hundred? The likelihood of there being any item or cumulative ITEMS in there worth $50 is very slim so I would have - again, likely - been paying $50 to dispose of someone's garbage.
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - If he responds to me, I may tell him to hold onto them until the show in January and I'll gladly go through them there.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
CL is the hot bed of 80's and 90's crap. Everyone think they got gold (jerry)
I think its good for firewood

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Hey, if the guy wants more than $5 then he needs to put some sort of pricing in his listing.
If you want me to take two tubs worth of cards that I'll likely have to put into plastic bags at the curb - then I'm going to make you an offer based on that.
If he had come at me with $50, I may have considered it... but a few hundred? The likelihood of there being any item or cumulative ITEMS in there worth $50 is very slim so I would have - again, likely - been paying $50 to dispose of someone's garbage.
@Hawk8 - If he responds to me, I may tell him to hold onto them until the show in January and I'll gladly go through them there.

Is there a shop that you know of in Lafayette? I will be going through there on Monday, I will search the net to see what I can find. Also going to try to hit the show in Metairie next weekend.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just for kicks, I checked cl in my areas under baseball cards are surprisingly there were a ton of realistic prices.

Sure there were super high ads but even the junk stuff was mostly fair.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

A_Pharis

Is there a shop that you know of in Lafayette? I will be going through there on Monday, I will search the net to see what I can find. Also going to try to hit the show in Metairie next weekend.

I actually just got back from Lafayette visiting my brother. THere's a comic and gaming shop on Johnston (road the mall is on). I don't know the name, but if you're going toward the mall it's on the left.

Members online

Latest posts