Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's been a while since I've pulled out my base cards and looked to see what I had for people. Probably have a 100 cards from the set, although that'd be 1%, still might have one or two cards people need. There is a LCS in town who has singles too but they're picked over, again maybe 100 total.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It's been a while since I've pulled out my base cards and looked to see what I had for people. Probably have a 100 cards from the set, although that'd be 1%, still might have one or two cards people need. There is a LCS in town who has singles too but they're picked over, again maybe 100 total.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Jeromy Burnitz Patterns #15 and #48 :)

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
I've got some lying around, figured I'd see if anyone needs them. Pics available by request.

DIFFRACTOR:
Curt Schilling, pattern 43

BASE:
Jeff King pattern 59
Jeromy Burnitz pattern 24
Aramis Ramirez pattern 82
John Olerud pattern 20
Paul Konerko pattern 14
Kerry Wood pattern 27
Carlos Delgado pattern 82
Frank Thomas pattern 71
Curt Schilling pattern 80

I don't collect the set (just bought some when I was a kid - I remember ripping the packs and thinking "90 cards of each player? WTF?) so probably just selling, FYI

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
A big thanks to Rinkrat38 for the 38 1998 Tek base Thome cards. Awesome price and really nice cards. I have decided to go for all 90 Thome patterns since I'm halfway there. Thanks Rich.

Gary

brian26

Nov 12, 2010

I'm working on the Robin Ventura set and would pay you for any cards that help me check off my want list! Let me know!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
A late thanks to [MENTION=8009]rinkrat38[/MENTION]. A diffractor trade brought two cards to cross off my list and a generous base throw in that has me 4 away from my second player set.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I'm dying to know what the Griffey Diffractor listed at $299 OBO sold for. I tried looking on ebay.ca and didn't see it in the ended listings. Can someone look that up or tell me how?

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Boxes just spiking all over the place. Y'all see the five box lot? Like $1300 BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-5-19...US_Baseball&hash=item2a3b1f8178#ht_660wt_1362

$250/box seems pretty hopefully seeing as the last single went for $212 and all the ones from Dec/Jan were in the $140-$160ish range. Maybe after he sees what his single box auction goes for that price might adjust to sell.

Hopefully it sells at some point and the innards get listed & sold to us desperate '98 Tekkers. 9 RJs to go!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-5-1998-Topps-Tek-Baseball-Factory-Sealed-HTA-Box-REFRACTOR-RC-Hobby-/181380546936?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2a3b1f8178#ht_660wt_1362

$250/box seems pretty hopefully seeing as the last single went for $212 and all the ones from Dec/Jan were in the $140-$160ish range. Maybe after he sees what his single box auction goes for that price might adjust to sell.

Hopefully it sells at some point and the innards get listed & sold to us desperate '98 Tekkers. 9 RJs to go!
That's my hope will all these things. I have NO interest in buying a full box ever again. It's nearly impossible to make your money back. The last box I bought I got so lucky that I told myself I would never try it again - I pulled 4 diffractors, 1 was a McGwire which helped me make my $ back, 1 was a Ken Cam which helped too and then 1 was a nobody and the last was a Belle! Then I got some singles people wanted and probably broke even on the box but only because of the McGwire and obviously I considered the Belle like a $20 card or something. It's crazy to think someone is paying $200 for a box of this stuff unless it's a group break, which I could see because I'd pay $5-10 for the rights to any Belle card hit I guess.

Members online

Latest posts