Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dear Clayton Kershaw......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Think PEYTON MANNING of the baseball world. Peyton was handed that lone SB by Rhodes and Addai and Rex Grossman i thimk was on the fix. Peyton is awful when it matters the MOST. Think Tracey Porter pick 6 and looking like a rookie vs Seattle.

This kind of **** drives me nuts.

Handed that SB? Please. He beat the top three defenses in the league in that Super Bowl run. And why does nobody discount anybody else's Super Bowl wins because of the opposing QB? Tom Brady beat Jake Delhomme -- nobody discounts that one. Steve Young beat Stan Humpries -- nobody discounts that one. Troy Aikman beat Neil O'Donnell -- nobody discounts that one.

Peyton is 4-3 in Conference Title Games and Super Bowls. That's hardly "awful when it matters the MOST." Those games are hard to get to, let alone win, and he's above .500 in those games.

He sucked in the Super Bowl last year, no doubt about it. That was a historically great defense he played too.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Ladies.

This isn't about football stats, and who sucks more, Romo or Manning. Although Romo is the answer, and a great comparison to Kershaw.

10665133_10154679222490082_6923391344372584021_n.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Stay classy, Sam.

There is a 100% chance a team I loathe is going to play in the World Series. I used to loathe the Cardinals mainly because Larussa and your sainted Wainwright - I think both are two of the biggest crybabies in the game. "Team with the douchiest fans in baseball" is also why I dislike St. Louis so intensely.

At the end of it all, hats off to the Cardinals. They played like the better team. I don't happen to agree that they are the better team, but they prevailed in the series and that's that. I'm pretty damn disappointed, but it is what it is.

Go Orioles. Go Royals. Doesn't matter which. I hope the STL-SF series goes 7 games and each game lasts a minimum of 20 innings. Too bad there has to be a winner.

</hater>
</bitterDodgersfan>

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
At the end of the day, I'd rather be 0-4 in the Playoffs than have to wake up everyday and realize I've tattooed musical notes to my neck.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1412787078.210032.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Think PEYTON MANNING of the baseball world. Peyton was handed that lone SB by Rhodes and Addai and Rex Grossman i thimk was on the fix. Peyton is awful when it matters the MOST. Think Tracey Porter pick 6 and looking like a rookie vs Seattle.

You are aware that Manning led his team back from a 21-3 (something like that) halftime deficit against the Patriots that year in the AFC Championship Game?I get that he doesn't always show up in the playoffs, but the Colts don't sniff the Super Bowl that year unless he pulls off that miracle.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think he will have multiple more playoff appearances, so I won't etch him down as choking yet. I have 0 against him , but those are some rough #s so far in the Post Season. But he could go 4-0 next time with a 1.5 era to "correct" things. Time will tell.

Ryan

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Stay classy, Sam.

There is a 100% chance a team I loathe is going to play in the World Series. I used to loathe the Cardinals mainly because Larussa and your sainted Wainwright - I think both are two of the biggest crybabies in the game. "Team with the douchiest fans in baseball" is also why I dislike St. Louis so intensely.

At the end of it all, hats off to the Cardinals. They played like the better team. I don't happen to agree that they are the better team, but they prevailed in the series and that's that. I'm pretty damn disappointed, but it is what it is.

Go Orioles. Go Royals. Doesn't matter which. I hope the STL-SF series goes 7 games and each game lasts a minimum of 20 innings. Too bad there has to be a winner.

</hater>
</bitterDodgersfan>

I think there was an error there, you said Sam and CLASSY in the same sentence....

This kind of **** drives me nuts.

Handed that SB? Please. He beat the top three defenses in the league in that Super Bowl run. And why does nobody discount anybody else's Super Bowl wins because of the opposing QB? Tom Brady beat Jake Delhomme -- nobody discounts that one. Steve Young beat Stan Humpries -- nobody discounts that one. Troy Aikman beat Neil O'Donnell -- nobody discounts that one.

Peyton is 4-3 in Conference Title Games and Super Bowls. That's hardly "awful when it matters the MOST." Those games are hard to get to, let alone win, and he's above .500 in those games.

He sucked in the Super Bowl last year, no doubt about it. That was a historically great defense he played too.

Most overrated QB along with Favre.

he's the all time INT leader in the playoffs. You can have him. I don't want him near my center in ANY post season game. Ill take, marino, elway, Warner, Staubach and many others. And im not naming the obvious, Brady, Montana, Unitas .

Peyton manning is the greatest loser in NFL history. And mark my words. He will never win another SB. Have your 500 + TD's and keep your Grossman SB ring. It was a gift.

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

he's the all time INT leader in the playoffs. You can have him. I don't want him near my center in ANY post season game. Ill take, marino, elway, Warner, Staubach and many others. And im not naming the obvious, Brady, Montana, Unitas .

Peyton manning is the greatest loser in NFL history. And mark my words. He will never win another SB. Have your 500 + TD's and keep your Grossman SB ring. It was a gift.

He has one Super Bowl ring. Seems like many conveniently ignore that or downplay it. Same as Favre, more than Marino. And that is why the Kershaw comparison is flawed.

Last edited:

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008

You keep thinking he's overrated. It means you either have an agenda or you are ignorant. There's no other possible choice.

Last edited:

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Although I like Kershaw, you are correct.
He is now 1-5 with a 5.20 era in 10 postseason games.

Kershaw will never become a legend as long as he's such a horrible big game pitcher, no matter how great he is in the regular season.
He's like a great quarterback who implodes in the playoffs.
Exactly. I had this discussion with 5 people last night haha. The Tony Romo of baseball?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Sample size too small to have statistical significance... (Bangs head against statistics textbook).

Members online