Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Not a steal, Snider Knobs rund between 500-600 for some reason they are under appreciated

I got mine for 500 and it has numbering

Agreed, my feeling is that this guy accepts around $450-$500 though and someone gets a good deal.
I think $500 is a really good price for the card you posted.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I love the patches on the card but I just don't like the card design. If the patches were on an older licensed product like donruss or even current topps, regardless of no jersey showing it would be a 2000-3000 dollar card. I was also trying to land it but he wanted too much for it. Like Joe I dint want to pay more than 1000-1100.
With that said I would love to make a custom with those patches.

This is why I went for a couple of the patches (the number/logo ones). The design is not that nice, but because of it the price is a fraction of what it would have been otherwise. A Gehrig Patch recently went for $3250 from Donruss Classics, while the ones from Donruss Celebity Cuts were under $1000. I imagine a pat of that was the fact they were all listed in a short period of time, but it's still a crazy discount IMO for something that who knows if we will ever see again in a card.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If a bat Knob doesn't have an initial , number , size , or something like that , it's blah to me. That last Ernie Banks w just a drill hole and the Snider etc just don't move the meter on "coolness" for me.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
In regards to the Celebrity cuts Gehrigs , if you can afford to make customs , do it. That card just says nothing for Gehrig as as baseball player.

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
True.......but then it is not a knob

Technically it's not a knob, but everyone is doing it. Topps, panini, in the game. This allows themselves to get '2 knobs from a single bat' there was a article in beckett about it a couple years ago. Too me I don't care if I buy the top of the bat or the actual knob I just wish they would call it knob and top of bat. Once again it would just be way to much to ask a card company to actually tell us exactly what is in the cards!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!! :cool:

View attachment 51452

I think you got a great deal to be honest, I think the fact that a few of them have recently been up on eBay helped the price out. I have two of these I picked up my PC one for $40 years ago and bought another for $200 hoping that in a year or so I could double my money but that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately. Great card!